Strange eligibility issue!

Jul 2, 2007
I purchased an original iPhone all the way back in June of last year..one of the very first...a few months later..(stupidly I know) it became water-damaged and would not work...I removed the SIM and switched back to my old RAZR and slightly reduced my data plan.

Now my account standing says eligible for upgrade in 11/08..but I want the 3G TOMORROW!...even though I don't currently use my old iPhone..do you think I can talk AT&T into selling it to me at $199? I still have my old phone..I plan to bring it with me so they can verify it was on my account for that amount of time...any help with this?

I really really will be disappointed if I'm told I have to pay $399..when I already paid $499 once..and Steve Jobs is running around saying pay half the price!

thanks

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I purchased an original iPhone all the way back in June of last year..one of the very first...a few months later..(stupidly I know) it became water-damaged and would not work...I removed the SIM and switched back to my old RAZR and slightly reduced my data plan.

Now my account standing says eligible for upgrade in 11/08..but I want the 3G TOMORROW!...even though I don't currently use my old iPhone..do you think I can talk AT&T into selling it to me at $199? I still have my old phone..I plan to bring it with me so they can verify it was on my account for that amount of time...any help with this?

I really really will be disappointed if I'm told I have to pay $399..when I already paid $499 once..and Steve Jobs is running around saying pay half the price!

thanks
Good luck man!.. that's all i could say

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado

thanks
lol already answered you

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I posted this in another thread, but AT&T website is unstable with info today because they are working on their system for tomorrow. I would call customer service. I got mine July 7, 2007 and it says I'm eligible.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I posted this in another thread, but AT&T website is unstable with info today because they are working on their system for tomorrow. I would call customer service. I got mine July 7, 2007 and it says I'm eligible.
that makes sense, hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow