Strange happenings

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Yesterday I was texting and my iPhone seemed to be getting warm. Not hot just warm. I plugged it into the charger and went to sleep.

This morning I tried to use it by pressing the button and nothing. Would not do anything. I plugged it in and the battery came up like it should and for some reason I had a volume slider up at the top just below the time. Very strange.

So I took it off the charger and pressed the button and again, nothing.

So I plugged it into my Mac and again saw the battery and the slider.

I did a hard reset by holding the power and the button for 10 seconds like the manual said you should do and for some unexplained reason it now works as normal should do.

Anyone else have this type of problem?

I just hope it is fixed and I can trust it to be working.

Thanks for listening.........

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
iPhones do get warm quite often, mine does anywaya nd ive read reports of people doing the same. as for the screen being stuck on the battery screen, might of just been a freeze, totally unconnected! ~FYI it is possible to overcharge a phone~

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Thanks for the info. I did not know you can overcharge the iPhone. I'll have to watch out for that.

Thanks......

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Yesterday I was texting and my iPhone seemed to be getting warm. Not hot just warm. I plugged it into the charger and went to sleep.

This morning I tried to use it by pressing the button and nothing. Would not do anything. I plugged it in and the battery came up like it should and for some reason I had a volume slider up at the top just below the time. Very strange.

So I took it off the charger and pressed the button and again, nothing.

So I plugged it into my Mac and again saw the battery and the slider.

I did a hard reset by holding the power and the button for 10 seconds like the manual said you should do and for some unexplained reason it now works as normal should do.

Anyone else have this type of problem?

I just hope it is fixed and I can trust it to be working.

Thanks for listening.........
Double press your home button.....is this the volume bar on the top of your screen that you saw earlier?

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPhone_Product_Info_Guide.pdf

Reading this manual might be helpful to you, page 10 in particular. I have never heard that it is possible to overcharge an iPhone. As a matter of fact I have heard the opposite. You can charge whenever convienient for you and not have to worry about "overcharging". Following is more helpful information on charging.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

These phones do tend to get hot with extended use, especially if it hooks with wi-fi. Sometimes there are issues with the phone and the reset fixes them and we go on about our way. If you experience the problem again I would hit the Apple store while your phone is still under warranty.