Strange Mail Behavior

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I received an email. In Mail on the Mac, it was addressed correctly. However, on the iPhone, the "To" field was to another person with whom I have corresponded.

This wouldn't cause concern except for the fact that the email came from one potential employer and the incorrect address was to a totally different potential employer. I don't want one talking with the other!

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar email screw up on their iPhone. Could the iPhone have taken the wrong name from the Bcc field in the email? (I know... that sounds paranoid).

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I haven't heard of this problem either, unfortunately. Are you Jailbroken and/or Unlocked? It could be a result of the 3rd party software affecting the other applications but I'm not certain.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for your input.

Nope. Mine is not jail-broken. I don't use third party software. I'm waiting for Apple's SDK solution to add on software.

The behavior happened again. It places this third person's name in the place of my name when viewing mail that has been sent to me. However, my contact is as clean as it can be.