Strange Not Allowed Words?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Why is a-dult (without the -) not allowed? Why are certain words not allowed on this forum? Maybe the admin can offer some insight?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Probably the same stupid reason Shoe-s without the - is not allowed. "It's by design" of the Google XXX filters. :rolleyes:
Adult

Shoes

Am I missing a point here, Kadelic? I'm not seeing a problem.

BYW, I'm on an Android forum that filters out words like "butt" and "idiot." Now that's a tough room.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
What if you want to buy A dult S hoes and have to sit on your Butt to try them on, but some Idiot is taking up the last chair chatting / posting in a forum?
:D

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Adul t

Shoe s

Am I missing a point here, Kadelic? I'm not seeing a problem.

BTW, I'm on an Android forum that filters out words like "butt" and "idiot." Now that's a tough room.
It's a known issue that mods don't experience the same filters here. Rafagon and RoofMonkey can attest.

I wasn't aware of Adul t until now, but it throws the same alarm. I had to edit your quote to allow me to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's a known issue that mods don't experience the same filters here. Rafagon and RoofMonkey can attest.

I wasn't aware of Adul t until now, but it throws the same alarm. I had to edit your quote to allow me to post.
Ah. I wasn't even aware of the different "filtration," as it were, for moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I am wearing adul​t sho​es on my ears for the rest of the week, and whoever doesn't like it can osculate my Madrilenian buttocks!

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Today I tried to quote one of Europa's posts, with the footwear word, and it was rejected. And, yes, I believe moderators do have exceptions to the rules. But, what is wrong with the word s-h-o-e-s?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Today I tried to quote one of Europa's posts, with the footwear word, and it was rejected. And, yes, I believe moderators do have exceptions to the rules. But, what is wrong with the word s-h-o-e-s?
Every time you try to type the word sh​oes, just imagine this little machine issuing you a ticket and you'll be too amused to even care!

[**NSFW LINK**]

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
That's what I've been trying to ascertain. It apparently has something to do with Google filters plugged into the forum software, but that's just a guess.
So Google is the one that has issue with shοes? How come they're not aware of that? You'd think the situation would be wreaking havoc all over the net, with anyone who uses their filters...

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
So Google is the one that has issue with shοes? How come they're not aware of that? You'd think the situation would be wreaking havoc all over the net, with anyone who uses their filters...
That's what I heard. Y'all should PM Chris for further clarification.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I just used the word (s)(h)(o)(e)(s) in plain vanilla letters and without any tweaks, at Chris' Xbox One forums, and I wasn't stopped by the guards:
Did you stop to consider that your usage was linked to an ad and therefore kosher? If I want to buy shοes I don't net an internet filter to drive my decision. TYVM Bitches!