Strange Occurrence!

J911

Jul 2, 2007
My iPhone 3G has been ok till Yesterday (ok = minor crashes I.E safari and apps ) when it went completely blank and was unresponsive to the home button as well as the power button, I tried both at the same time and then pushing them both randomly and all of a sudden I got the iPhone to work. This happened all day whenever I let the iPhone go onto the blank screen I.E when its in stand-by mode ready to be woken. This morning I tried again to get the thing to work and yet again had to do the whole push all buttons randomly and this time nothing at all!

I have now tried a restore and got some error (6) message, I then did a DFU and got the thing into DFU after about 15 attempts and thought great just back up from one of the many back ups on my Mac and yet again I was wrong. I got an error on 7 out of 7 of my backups saying the back up is corrupted! Any ideas on how to get the iPhone to work before I restore as a new iPhone? Can't afford to loose all my note's and cal and emails etc.

ta2smitty

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
My iPhone 3G has been ok till Yesterday (ok = minor crashes I.E safari and apps ) when it went completely blank and was unresponsive to the home button as well as the power button, I tried both at the same time and then pushing them both randomly and all of a sudden I got the iPhone to work. This happened all day whenever I let the iPhone go onto the blank screen I.E when its in stand-by mode ready to be woken. This morning I tried again to get the thing to work and yet again had to do the whole push all buttons randomly and this time nothing at all!

I have now tried a restore and got some error (6) message, I then did a DFU and got the thing into DFU after about 15 attempts and thought great just back up from one of the many back ups on my Mac and yet again I was wrong. I got an error on 7 out of 7 of my backups saying the back up is corrupted! Any ideas on how to get the iPhone to work before I restore as a new iPhone? Can't afford to loose all my note's and cal and emails etc.
I had the going to black screen and same thing happened with the power button.