Strange Outlook problem

rockytt

Jul 15, 2008
Hoping someone can help out with this one-very strange behaviour...
My wife and I both got new 3Gs at the same time, put them on the same plan. I took mine, configured Outlook to receive email from work in a couple of minutes-no problems. Everything synched up perfectly.
Did the same exact thing with my wife's phone and the darn thing won't synch unless she enters a passcode, which then requires her to enter the code everytime she needs to unlock the phone (which is every couple of minutes). There is no option to turn off the passcode lock function/feature once this happens. I deleted the configuration and the passcode lock feature was again optional (instead of required), but as soon as I re-entered the email info again it was no longer optional.
Any ideas here? (Did my description make sense?) I should mention that my wife and I work for the same company and are on the same network domain-so I can't for the life of me figure out why here email account/iPhone should be different from mine. As you can guess, everybody (Apple, AT&T, IT group at work) is pointing fingers at everybody else.
Thanks in advance for any and all help with this issue :)

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Did you use a forward slash between domain/username? Use a backslash instead: domain\username.