Strange problem after getting 3.0

mrmoon

Apr 11, 2009
Ok, so after i registered my UDID with a friend of mine in the developer program, i restored iPhone to 3.0 beta 2. Afterwards, it had my iTunes info but would not sync. literally, it would show up in iTunes on the sidebar, but i would not get a tabbed iPhone screen in the main window. So i googled for like 15 hours and couldnt find anything about this particular problem. Since my phone worked, i decided ok i can wait a few days and maybe by then i'll find something. But now, the beta expired, and my phone is in the purple screen. the problem i am having now, is i cant get the thing to restore to beta 3, because i don't have the sync screen.

So my questions are:
1. What can i do to get i tunes to let me sync?
2. If i wanted to revert back to 2.2.1 the jailbroken method, would iTunes brick my phone? If not, or if there is a way around this, i would love some help.

I'm on a macbook, and my ipod still syncs fine btw.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
Ok, so after i registered my UDID with a friend of mine in the developer program, i restored iPhone to 3.0 beta 2. Afterwards, it had my iTunes info but would not sync. literally, it would show up in iTunes on the sidebar, but i would not get a tabbed iPhone screen in the main window. So i googled for like 15 hours and couldnt find anything about this particular problem. Since my phone worked, i decided ok i can wait a few days and maybe by then i'll find something. But now, the beta expired, and my phone is in the purple screen. the problem i am having now, is i cant get the thing to restore to beta 3, because i don't have the sync screen.

So my questions are:
1. What can i do to get i tunes to let me sync?
2. If i wanted to revert back to 2.2.1 the jailbroken method, would iTunes brick my phone? If not, or if there is a way around this, i would love some help.

I'm on a macbook, and my ipod still syncs fine btw.
if you wanted to go back to 2.2.1 ( sounds like your best option) go onto youtube and search " how to downgrade from 3.0". You cant brick your phone. And that syncing problem is weird i have a macbook air and ive never had that happen

mrmoon

Apr 11, 2009
interestingly enough, when i downloaded 8.2 prerelease so i could do the new update, iTunes recognized my iPhone as mine again. Life is good now :)