Strange problem with iOS Pages app.

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by iPutz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I noticed an issue with the Pages app that I have never seen before anywhere. When I try to touch and hold my finger on the screen to reposition the cursor to make a correction I get what's in the screen shot below. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1438471782.348873.jpg
    Has anyone seen this before or have any idea how to cure it? Landscape or portrait orientation yields the same result and opening a previously created document has no effect either. The only thing I've tried so far is a hard reset.

#1 iPutz, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Try swiping it out of the multitasking tray.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thanks for the reply, I tried that and still no joy. I noticed this morning that the Pages app on my iPad doesn't have that problem so I'm guessing there is something in the app on the phone that has become corrupted. I'll try removing the app and reinstalling it later this morning and see what happens.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just finished removing and reinstalling the app and that was the cure. There must have been a corrupted file somewhere in the app.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

The initial problem happened on my iPhone6, I just had the same thing happen on my iPad. Everything was fine until I changed the iPad's orientation from portrait to landscape. After that orientation makes no difference and it also happens on new documents or old ones. Maybe it's time to send a bug report to apple?