Strange problem with iOS Pages app.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I noticed an issue with the Pages app that I have never seen before anywhere. When I try to touch and hold my finger on the screen to reposition the cursor to make a correction I get what's in the screen shot below.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1438471782.348873.jpg

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea how to cure it? Landscape or portrait orientation yields the same result and opening a previously created document has no effect either. The only thing I've tried so far is a hard reset.

Last edited:

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Thanks for the reply, I tried that and still no joy. I noticed this morning that the Pages app on my iPad doesn't have that problem so I'm guessing there is something in the app on the phone that has become corrupted. I'll try removing the app and reinstalling it later this morning and see what happens.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I just finished removing and reinstalling the app and that was the cure. There must have been a corrupted file somewhere in the app.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
The initial problem happened on my iPhone6, I just had the same thing happen on my iPad. Everything was fine until I changed the iPad's orientation from portrait to landscape. After that orientation makes no difference and it also happens on new documents or old ones. Maybe it's time to send a bug report to apple?