Strange quirk/bug in 1.1.4?

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
Quite oftentimes, I initiate a phone call from the RECENTS list. Since I upgraded to 1.1.4, I've experienced an odd happening, where I would touch the recent contact that I want to call, but the confirmation "blue flash" would "jump" to a different contact within the list, usually 2-3 contacts down. Sorry if I'm not explaining myself clearly... hope you all get what I trying to say.

In any case, this bug is very annoying. It sometimes gets so bad that I find myself wading through my (extensive) contacts list and finding the name that I want to call. That's a longer process than simply looking up the person in the RECENTS list. But this bug renders the RECENTS list almost un-use-able.

Anyone else have this? Hope Apple rectifies this soon.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I've had this problem at random times for a few months now. Usually just power down the phone turn it right back on. Usually solves the problem for a few days.

Edit: anyone know if this would be covered under warranty?

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
This usually happens to me when the screen is a little dirty and the phone detects it in a different place than you touched. Hope that helps.
You saying' that I have face-grease?!? :mad: j/k :laugh2:

OK, so it seems that it's not a 1.1.4 thing. But it's happened to me coincidentally only after I upgraded.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
seen it before

Nope, did it to me a couple times with .3
I usually just went back to the home screen and tried again and it would work for me. It has only happened 2 or 3 times that I noticed.