Strange Safari Screen

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Ive seen this screen twice now whilst trying to use safari, and it happens when im switching from 3g to wifi signals mid use. It usually ends up with me having to reboot... anyone else seen this or have any ideas what could be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I saw this screen when I had 3G disabled, and was using WIFI, then left the WIFI area and re-enable 3G. I had to turn 3G off again, then on again to get it to work.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
That screen means your phone is trying to connect to one of those wifi spots that need you to log in first or that need you to accept an agreement before you can use it. It is a new feature in 3.0 and the good thing about it is that once you connect, you don't have to keep logging in or accepting the same thing over and over.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Thanks, that makes sense. It was a wifi hotspot. I must be too impatient and had to restart before letting it do its thing.

I was on a bus though, and entered this wifi zone and it tried to connect (im a subscriber to this particular wifi zone) and then the bus left the area without that screen disappearing. I think it might be a bug where you try and connect and then leave before this screen goes away then the phone locks up?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I guess so. Probably because it hadn't connected fully before you left and so it was still trying to but the signal was gone. That probably locked it up. This should be submitted to Apple so they know and fix it. ^_^