Strange Sound Coming From iPhone

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
So I am running 1.1.4 4gig, jailbroken with pwnage tool. I have not run into any issues excpet for today. I have been at work since 7:00am and have heard this faint "tink-tink-tink-tink" sound all morning. It has been non stop "tink-tink."

Well I have finally found out the it was coming from my iPhone. I powered onff and on the phone and got no signal. So I did a hard reset and now it seems back to normal.

Have you guys ever heard of this? Is it time for a restore?

Any help would be great.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well, this sounds weird. Do you know if the tink-tink noise was coming from the speaker or the phone itself? If it was the phone I would do a restore and take it back to Apple. If it was the speaker then I'd leave it unless it comes back again.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
it was coming from the phone itself. right near the Apple on the back. It has gone away, but if it comes back, then it is restore time and prayer for a new one.

although, I am sure I will not get a replacement unless the noise is occuring at the time i bring it in. Ahh well.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Does your vibrate still work? That's the only moving thing in the phone.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
yeah everything seems to be working fine. I guess its fixed or its going to blow up. I am kinda hoping it does. What with v2 so near, I bet Apple would give me one to stop a lawsuit if the thing exploded in my pocket! :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Now you're thinking like your screen name.