Strange squeaking coming from black back plate

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
Hey guys,
So I bought a week 36 or 37 4gb iPhone off ebay several weeks ago.

Since I bought It I noticed that the black bottom piece of the phone isn't holding up properly.
I can turn the phone around on its front, and squeeze the sides of the black pieces and they will move inwards, and make a squeaking noise. It seems likes it wasn't assembled properly or maybe has comes loose inside or something?

I am Canadian and have unlocked the iPhone so I don't know how to get a new one?
Any ideas guys?
Thanks a lot!

Bvlaar

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I would do a google serch for tutorialls on taking the phone apart and puting it back together to see if you could posibly fix it yourself. If there doesn't seem to be any damage to the piece then it is posibly then it could be just a simple fix.

Dec 17, 2007
I just came across this exact same problem today! I got my phone (1.1.3 otb 8 GB) and i also am in Canada and have it unlocked and now my back plastic black piece keeps squeaking and its soo annoying!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Note that the black part is the antenna cover - it is intended to move about slightly. However, if there are other moving parts or the black part is all over the place, find out how to take it apart.

- John

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
hmm

You have the same problem too!
Man, it is quite annoying

So I'm thinking of two options,
either buy a case (incase slider) and just let it be?

Or

Goto Buffalo, and figure out a way to restore and take it back?

Any ideas?
Thanks guys!

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
Hey guys,
So I bought a week 36 or 37 4gb iPhone off ebay several weeks ago.

Since I bought It I noticed that the black bottom piece of the phone isn't holding up properly.
I can turn the phone around on its front, and squeeze the sides of the black pieces and they will move inwards, and make a squeaking noise. It seems likes it wasn't assembled properly or maybe has comes loose inside or something?

I am Canadian and have unlocked the iPhone so I don't know how to get a new one?
Any ideas guys?
Thanks a lot!

Bvlaar
Mine does the exact same thing mate

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
update

Hey guys,
Just thought I'd give an update.

It is squeaking a lot more know?
When it's in the Apple dock and i take it out of the dock, I press the black piece and you can hear it squeak and loosen.
Anyone opened there iPhone and do anything yet?

Thanks guys!

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
The same thing used to happen to me but I bought an Agent 18 case. I'm sure mine is still loose but it's underneath the case now and it doesn't move.

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
yeah

The same thing used to happen to me but I bought an Agent 18 case. I'm sure mine is still loose but it's underneath the case now and it doesn't move.
yeah that makes sense.
I just bought a Incase slider, so hopefully that will do the trick.

It's just, I didn't want to pay over 300$ or a phone and have something not properly fastened?

But yeah, the case should work out!

Thanks man

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Its plastic of course it will give. Mine does it. Heres a tip...don't squeeze it.

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
Its plastic of course it will give. Mine does it. Heres a tip...don't squeeze it.
Well,
Its kind of hard to not squeeze it when I'm typing? or taking it out of my pocket?
It just becomes the least bit annoying?
Also, My aunt has had her iPhone since launch, no give in her plastic to the extent mine does?