Stream music from my iPhone to PS3 - is this possible?

andyward82

May 31, 2007
I have an iPhone with the latest firmware, etc installed on it. I also have a PS3 which is connected to a pretty mean amp, etc. Is it possible to stream my music from my iPhone to my PS3 so I can listen to it on nice, loud speakers?

A note: My iTunes library is based on my work computer so I can't stream from my iTunes at home. I literally have the iPhone only...

Anyone help?

Also, is it possible to unlock / jailbreak 3.0 iPhones so I can get Cydia, etc again? It used to have it but since upgrading recently I've locked myself out of all that - as expected.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't think you can stream from your iPhone directly to your PS3 because you need a media server to do it. There are serveral for PC's and Mac's, but I've never heard of one for an iPhone (I could be wrong though as I've never checked into it). I used to use the Vuze and Nero media servers to stream from my PC to my PS3, but I could never get any of the Mac media servers to work (eyeconnect etc).

I know use my Apple TV for streaming as it does so much better than a PS3. It's nice because you can use the iPhone as a remote for it from anywhere in your house.

Yes, the JB for 3.0 is out. It's been out for the V1 and 3G for a while, but it was just released for the 3GS last night.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
I'm pretty sure there are some web servers in Cydia, now to get them to work as a media server.