streaming from home

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 23, 2007
Objective: To stream audio and video from my home server (linux) to my iPhone.

Problem: mp3 audio nor mp4 video won't stream either from wifi or edge to iPhone. The quicktime app loads and attempts to run then comes the "error playing movie". The smallest file size tried is 65k (ringtone). Same files play when 'sync'd through iTunes. Same files play over home network/wifi from quicktime on windows.

Working Examples: Apple trailers stream to iPhone, seeqpod streams music to iPhone.

Questions: Does seeqpod encode mp3s on the fly to stream? If so, what specs are supported for streaming audio and video?

TIA

michellec

Aug 23, 2007

Problem: mp3 audio nor mp4 video won't stream either from wifi or edge to iPhone. The quicktime app loads and attempts to run then comes the "error playing movie". The smallest file size tried is 65k (ringtone). Same files play when 'sync'd through iTunes. Same files play over home network/wifi from quicktime on windows.

Working Examples: Apple trailers stream to iPhone, seeqpod streams music to iPhone.

Questions: Does seeqpod encode mp3s on the fly to stream? If so, what specs are supported for streaming audio and video?

TIA
Probably not, seeqpod is not the only game in town, tversity does video and audio and WE are about to launch a new app.

mooncatventures.blogspot.com

Ours streams from many different brand media servers and does both video and audio. Whether it will work exclusively on a local network or much wider, we haven't decided. there's nothing that prevents that technically though.

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA

TIA

have you tried this

http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/

michellec

Aug 23, 2007
You have to wait for the video to download, and you see significant cacheing, our offering will be real streaming. nothing gets cached, I only have a 4gb phone but i can easily stream 2 hour converted dvd movies from the media servers we have tested with. limited number but growing.

Twonkyvision works great
eyconnect from elgato works great
dlink media server works great
tversity should work ok

nero fails miserably, and we are making it a priority to figure out why, because we think it might be the best backdoor to live tv streaming. not sure yet

Probably didn't answer your question did I?

telekinesis is a great mac remote, but I think its weak on streaming video.

mooncatventures.blogspot.com

The cats think so too.:cool: