Streaming Live TV To iPhone

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Livestation, a service claiming to be "Slingbox without the box," says they are working on an app that would let users watch live streaming TV programs on their iPhone or iPod touch. The service would let you view video being streamed to your computer from anywhere with an internet connection.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that article. It states:

"There are already a few video apps in the App Store like Hulu and Netflix's streaming video, but this would be the first to cover live TV programs."

There is no application called "hulu" in the app store. There is also no Netflix application (that I know of) that will stream video. If they can't get those facts straight then how can they get the other stuff right?

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
i'm using orb live for that. get the free version (it limits use to 3 channels) and if you like it the full version is 9.99. if you have a tv tuner card in your pc, orb live will stream the signal to your iPhone. you can also customize orb live to give access to your documents, audio, video, and photos folders right to the phone. you can also stream webcam, but i haven't tried that yet.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Yeah, but I want to stream my home TV to my iPhone when I a on the road...

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm curious to the quality of the product when there is no obvious hardware involved. I have seen AT&T's live TV on the LG Vu: it sucks; I saw live TV on the Samsung Instinct: it sucks. I'm using Orblive and it is decent.

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
i watch all my cable channels on the iPhone on the road. i don't have premium channels, but i assume they would work as well; besides, as i said, there's a lite version in the app store that you can test.

dennisd

badmelvin

Mar 17, 2009
streaming to iPhone

don't know if you have ever seen this one but if you have good 3g or wifi connections on your iPhone you can get loads of shows streaming to iPhone 3click.TV has about 13,000 episodes there now.