Streaming Video?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jyurong

Sep 17, 2007
Any word on if or when we wil be able to stream general video (Quicktime, WMV) on our iPhones using either EDGE or WIFI?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Any word on if or when we wil be able to stream general video (Quicktime, WMV) on our iPhones using either EDGE or WIFI?
Nope. I doubt you'll be streaming anything on Edge, ever. But the 3G iPhone is supposed to come out early next year, so who knows.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i had no problem viewing youtube videos on EDGE. no they don't DL instantly, but they DL fast enough to keep up with the speed that it plays.
Well, your Edge is not my Edge. I envy you.
The fact is that nothing can be streamed at this point. It has to load first. If it can't be loaded, it won't play.

svtguy08

Aug 4, 2007
CA
You can always upload your movies to Glide or Orb and watch them on your iPhone by logging into your Glide or Orb account. When you watch the videos you will have to let it "buffer" here an there, but its manageable (thats on EDGE; WIFI should stream no problem). Yesterday I watched an hour of comedy and streamed internet radio for 4 hours at work. I use Orb and it worked great, all on EDGE. Hope this helps! :laugh2:

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I've actually converted everything I have to small .mp4 format and stream from my computer using Telekenesis.

It's cool for the gym because they don't have wifi there for me to stream the real video files in.