Stuck in safe mode on iPhone 4, 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by cosimod, Dec 29, 2011.

1. cosimod

cosimod New Member

Hi all,

I did a cydia update for my iPhone and ever since then my phone is stuck in safe mode. i didn't really pay attention to what the updates were so not sure which 'cracked' app caused this. I've tried to go back and delete packages that could be causing the problem but no luck. I've always paid for apps and never got any cracked apps. The last app I installed was my3g. I have paid for this app twice. I have removed it but still the problem persists.

Pls help

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The easiest thing you can do now is simply restore through iTunes and re-JB. If you have PkgBackup you can backup all of your Cydia apps and restore after you re-JB. If not, I would download one at a time so you can make sure your phone is in good condition, and you will then know which one was the issue.

Seems kind of strange that you uninstalled your last app, and it didn't fix the issue. If I remember correctly, my3g caused that issue for me earlier today.

Good luck. Let us know if you have any further questions or problems.

3. cosimod

cosimod New Member

I've remove my3g from packages but I still have the app icon on my iPhone. Have I really removed it as my phone is still in safe mode?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you've removed it from Cydia it should be fully removed. Not entirely sure why the icon would still show up. Have you done a full reboot?

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You may have to SSH onto the phone and remove it.

6. cosimod

cosimod New Member

Thanks to all for your help. In the end restored and upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 and rejailbroke. Used aprevious pkgbackup andworking great now.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Glad it's all fixed now and you had a backup for pkgbackup. That's always nice.