Stuck in the middle

Aug 28, 2008
Los Angeles
So i have a v1 iPhone and just want opinions and advise, since i don't know what to do in times like these.

Basically i Have a jailbroken v1 iPhone and I'm wondering if i should upgrade to the 3g iPhone. I live in the greater Los Angeles area so 3g is availble. Compared to the edge network if im not in a wifi connection is 3g noticeably faster? My other questions or opinions are ive already ordered my switcheasy rebel artic case so im wondering the white iPhone or the black? i'm getting the 16gb because my v1 i ran out of room with all the apps i had. Is jailbreaking simple? the reason i asked is because my v1 I ziPhoned it and that was as simple as cutting an Apple but this winpwn with custom firmware and stuff ive been looking online looks very difficult and im worried about messing up my iPhone.

my last thing before i make this into a iPhone book since i'm typing a lot is:

1. is there a vnotes that's availble to send to email that was as good as v1 vnotes from installer?

2. I heard about a password protection for certain apps where you can put a password on apps from cydia but I forgot the name does anybody know?

Aug 28, 2008
Los Angeles
So i have a v1 iPhone and just want opinions and advise, since i don't know what to do in times like these.

Basically i Have a jailbroken v1 iPhone and I'm wondering if i should upgrade to the 3g iPhone. I live in the greater Los Angeles area so 3g is availble. Compared to the edge network if im not in a wifi connection is 3g noticeably faster? My other questions or opinions are ive already ordered my switcheasy rebel artic case so im wondering the white iPhone or the black? i'm getting the 16gb because my v1 i ran out of room with all the apps i had. Is jailbreaking simple? the reason i asked is because my v1 I ziPhoned it and that was as simple as cutting an Apple but this winpwn with custom firmware and stuff ive been looking online looks very difficult and im worried about messing up my iPhone.

my last thing before i make this into a iPhone book since i'm typing a lot is:

1. is there a vnotes that's availble to send to email that was as good as v1 vnotes from installer?

2. I heard about a password protection for certain apps where you can put a password on apps from cydia but I forgot the name does anybody know?

aww man no replies no help :(

dieburnbot

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Sorry I can only help you out with the 3G question. Yes 3G is A LOT faster than edge. :)

As for white or black I would go with black only because I don't like the white iPhones, but that is really a decision that you would have to make. :)

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Check around the boards. I seem to recall reading that the La area has lack-luster 3G performance.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Greek God personally I think I'd wait to get the 3G till after AT&T and Apple get the bugs worked out. I was talking to AT&T tech support yesterday and she said the problems their having with these phones has gone through the roof, so much so that their technical support staff is having a difficult time keeping up with all the phone calls.