Stuck lock button

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
My lock button is stuck and really hard to press down, what should i do?

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
This is a very common issue, usually caused by a drop to the button area, forcing the button mechanism down into its housing and bending in the casing around it.
Are you still on warranty? If yes take it to Apple store and ask if they can help. If not I am afraid you will need to open up your phone and fix it yourself. If you have 3G/3GS it will take longer but it's rewarding experience. Look up fixing walkthroughs on YouTube.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
I'm not sure, I got the phone in march of this year

I have an iPhone 4 btw

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
You are still under warranty, do you have an Apple store near you?
yeah it's about 20 mins away, will they keep my texts and stuff. I've got some important things in there lol

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
yeah it's about 20 mins away, will they keep my texts and stuff. I've got some important things in there lol
Just sync your phone before you go and restore from backup if they give you a new phone, your texts will be there.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If it's sensitive information and you feel worried about intruders, backup your phone with iTunes, then wipe all data before you take it in. Do a restore from that same backup once you're done with the operation. I would hope, however, that Apple employees aren't that bored that they have to snoop around customers' iPhone data... :)

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Just sync your phone before you go and restore from backup if they give you a new phone, your texts will be there.
thanks for your help, I'll let u know how it goes

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
If it's sensitive information and you feel worried about intruders, backup your phone with iTunes, then wipe all data before you take it in. Do a restore from that same backup once you're done with the operation. I would hope, however, that Apple employees aren't that bored that they have to snoop around customers' iPhone data... :)
good point

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
If they replace your phone - you can wipe your data before you hand it over.
I believe it's not "you can" but it's rather part of the procedure. Every time my phone was exchanged genius had me wipe the old one before handing over the new one

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I believe it's not "you can" but it's rather part of the procedure. Every time my phone was exchanged genius had me wipe the old one before handing over the new one
It's always been an option whenever I've had to have a phone replaced - I've always done it before I've handed it over, but they will do it for you if you trust them lol