stuck on activation screen, but reads SIM...

Feb 14, 2008
i used ziPhone 2.2 and thought it just wasn't working...so i stuck my tmobile sim in there to see what it would do and sure enough it read the sim. so i called it from another line, call comes in, i hang up and it goes to my contacts page like the phone was working fine. hit the home button and it sends me to the activation screen with "slide for emergency" button. i can make calls out and receive them, but my springboard won't load. tried everything i can think of to break it, but i'm just stuck at this point....on activation screen with full tmobile signal in the corner..........

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
what firmware is this on? determine this by seeing the following -

1.1.1 - earth picture + Activate iPhone
1.1.2 - connect to iTunes symbol and Activate iPhone
1.1.3 - connect to iTunes, no writing.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Are you on a PC or Mac?

You may want to try either iBricker .91 for PC or Independence on Mac.

Both applications can bring the iPhone out of recovery mode. Just Dock your phone and run either program to see if they detect your phone.

I have had problems where my phone was also stuck with a recovery screen, however the phone itself was absolutely fine. In some cases the iPhone just doesn't recover from DFU mode after a jailbreak, and requires a little coaxing to come back. In fact, I had to use iBrickr/Independence to wake up my iPhone from recovery at pretty much every step of the first 1.1.3 JB that took nearly 2 hours to accomplish.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
x666x

read the op carefuly. activation screen - not recovery mode screen.

I helped him yesterday, so all is well - I think.