Stuck on Logo..Can not power down or reboot

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I have a iPhone 3g that is stuck on the logo. It will not power down (holding power and home does not work, holding power button does not work) It is truly stuck on the logo with the little dash circle below it (which is also stuck). Does anyone have any advice?
thanks,
Robert

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
what were you doing prior to it getting stuck like that? did u hold both the power and home button for at least 10 seconds? ive froze my phone tons of times but its always been able to shut down with that method. even when i got that russian steve jobs cartoon, lol.

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I held down the home and power, I have tried everything. I was restoring from a unlocked iPhone.

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Can't put the phone in DFU mode if it is stuck on the logo and pressing the home button or power button will not change the screen. I have put over a hundred iPhones in DFU mode. This one is truly stuck on the Apple logo. The phone will not even power down till the battery run out.

pattirj67

Mar 10, 2009
What about waiting for the battery to run out, then sync

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can you tell us how you're attempting to put it in DFU mode? I'm just wondering if your trying recovery mode, not DFU mode. You sound very confident that you're doing it right, but I just want to be 100% sure since you haven't really said yet. Once we get that out of the way, we can move on to the next option.

Assuming DFU mode really did fail, have you tried using a different computer? Have you tried using a different USB cable? Make sure it's not after market. Have you tried different USB ports? Have you reinstalled iTunes?

How far along had the restore process gotten before this happened? If it was partially restored, I believe the jailbreak is removed and Apple will exchange it if it's still under warranty.

Keep us posted. I'm very curious about this one because truly bricked iPhones are very rare.