Stuck Pixel, Should I even Bother Restoring?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I've been noticing sometimes on my homescreen I can notice a blue dot(stuck pixel) against the black main menu in the right middle hand corner of the screen. It's not always there but comes and goes. Is it even worth trying to restore or is an exchange my only remedy?:oops:

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Usually a stuck pixel is a hardware defect and not software caused. However, you say yours comes and goes so you may have a unique situation. Restoring is not a difficult process and if it could save you having to deal with a return/exchange then I would do that first with your fingers crossed.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If it comes and goes, I'd wait till it "comes" then rush it in for Apple to see and get your replacement. Don't want it to "go" until your warranty is up then "come" again ya dig.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would definitely take care of it as soon as possible and I doubt a restore would work if it is in fact a dead pixel, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
If you take it in there, and it's all customized with a bunch of different settings and web clips, they will want to do a restore as a part of their process anyway; you might as well have already done the restore by the time you take it in.

Also, for sure, don't take it in there if it's jailbroken. They will refuse to service it.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I'm just soooo tired of exchanging and I'm sure Apple & AT&T is too. Plus it is such a B**** to install the invisible shield full body skin that I don't want to have to do it again if I don't have too. When I woke up this morning sure enough the blue dot was there so I restored and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Is this the sign of a dead/stuck pixel or are they supposed to stay stuck? I mean, has anyone seen this pixel problem where it comes and goes like this?