Stuck Pixel

bparkerson04

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Hey guys,

I am new to the iPhone. I bought a White 16gb 3GS. I noticed last week I have this grayish stuck pixel that you can only see on the white, or bright color screens. Does anyone else have a stuck or dead pixel on their new iPhone? This may sound stupid, but it would make me feel better to know other people have one, and they are going to live with it. I have never been to an Apple store before...should I try and return it? Would they give me a hard time? I don't want a refurb because my phone is brand new. Is is worth returning? I have been hearing about people having lopsided screens, and I may get more dead pixels, so I am wondering if I should just let this go. It looks like a piece of dirt under the screen, but I know its a a dead pixel. Thanks ahead of time!

Andrios

Jun 27, 2009
Return it asap. I have a stuck pixel and I am waiting for best buy to get another 32 gig in stock so I can exchange it.

You paid lots of money, it shouldn't have a stuck pixel.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Paying a lot of money for something doesn't mean anything when it comes to dead/stuck pixels. I don't know Apple's stance on the iPhone, but on laptops they expect a few of them and won't fix it unless there's a lot of them or they are in a specific area. Try searching the net for people talking about this stuff. I had an issue with a PowerBook G4 with two dead pixels and Apple wouldn't fix it. If all of the LCD manufacturers had to only sell dead pixel free units, the cost to use would be astronomical.

Joe

Joe

Andrios

Jun 27, 2009
Paying a lot of money for something doesn't mean anything when it comes to dead/stuck pixels. I don't know Apple's stance on the iPhone, but on laptops they expect a few of them and won't fix it unless there's a lot of them or they are in a specific area. Try searching the net for people talking about this stuff. I had an issue with a PowerBook G4 with two dead pixels and Apple wouldn't fix it. If all of the LCD manufacturers had to only sell dead pixel free units, the cost to use would be astronomical.

Joe

Joe
If your still in the 14-30 day exchange period and you got a small defect (stuck/dead pixel) you can exchange it. It will lead to more problems, why be stuck with it?

bparkerson04

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I don't understand what further problems it will lead to. I am still in the 30 day period, but the ATT store told me to go to Apple for an exchange when I called them today. I feel kind of stupid about it because it is so small, and you can barely see it, but I know where it is, and it bugs me a little. I read a bunch of stuff yesterday, and a lot of people ended up with a phone with more stuck pixels, or a lopsided screen, or the phone had a loose mute switch. There is nothing wrong with my phone besides the 1 or 2 dead pixels that are stuck together in one spot...so I am wondering if it's safer, or if I am better off just keeping it. What further issues could a dead pixel lead to Andrios? The nearest Apple store is a ways away from me, and I would hate to go out there and they not do anything.

Andrios

Jun 27, 2009
I don't understand what further problems it will lead to. I am still in the 30 day period, but the ATT store told me to go to Apple for an exchange when I called them today. I feel kind of stupid about it because it is so small, and you can barely see it, but I know where it is, and it bugs me a little. I read a bunch of stuff yesterday, and a lot of people ended up with a phone with more stuck pixels, or a lopsided screen, or the phone had a loose mute switch. There is nothing wrong with my phone besides the 1 or 2 dead pixels that are stuck together in one spot...so I am wondering if it's safer, or if I am better off just keeping it. What further issues could a dead pixel lead to Andrios? The nearest Apple store is a ways away from me, and I would hate to go out there and they not do anything.
Well maybe your screen might go bad or more random stuck/dead pixels will pop up. Like I said...if your still in the 30 day period I would exchange it for a new one. If you were past your 30 day then I would say just deal with it cause all they will do is replace the screen.

I wouldn't want my screen replaced, just get a new one while your still in the 30 day replacement period if you can. I got mine at best buy so I don't know how AT&T stores work. I'm kinda glad I got it there now that they have such a good return/exchange policy.