Stuck pixels on iPhone, should I return?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 21, 2007
Hey there,
I just bought an iPhone last week, and I was having several issues with it (no EDGE network, safari crashing, bad speaker, etc) so I took it into an Apple store and one of the "geniuses" swapped it out for me after giving me somewhat of a hard time- even though the phone was about 36 hours out of the box. Instead of giving me a new iPhone box, he pulled one that looked "new" but it was out of one of those small white boxes behind the genius counter
When I got home, I noticed that on "iPhone #2" there are at least 5-6 white-ish, "stuck" pixels on the screen, and the battery life seems to be less than optimal. After just 6 hours of very limited wireless use and a single 10 min phone call, I am at about 1/4 of the battery life.
Per everyone else's experiences on here, should I go back to the Apple store, or am I being too picky? Thanks in advance for any advice!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hey there,
I just bought an iPhone last week, and I was having several issues with it (no EDGE network, safari crashing, bad speaker, etc) so I took it into an Apple store and one of the "geniuses" swapped it out for me after giving me somewhat of a hard time- even though the phone was about 36 hours out of the box. Instead of giving me a new iPhone box, he pulled one that looked "new" but it was out of one of those small white boxes behind the genius counter
When I got home, I noticed that on "iPhone #2" there are at least 5-6 white-ish, "stuck" pixels on the screen, and the battery life seems to be less than optimal. After just 6 hours of very limited wireless use and a single 10 min phone call, I am at about 1/4 of the battery life.
Per everyone else's experiences on here, should I go back to the Apple store, or am I being too picky? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Take it back and demand a new one, you just got a used recyled one.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Take it back, and don't let the punk behind the counter push you around...demand a fully functional phone! Uhmmm, or else!..or something...

Oct 21, 2007
yeah, thanks for the input- I was just making sure Im being unreasonable marching into the store again. I always feel that way until the "I just paid $$$ for this dang phone and it better work perfectly" side of me kicks in haha

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hey there,
Considering you only had it a week, I am surprised that he gave you a refurb. The store in was in on Saturday attempted to do the same thing. When he came out the back with the white box he said, you're almost set.

I said.... that must be for someone else.

He looked at me, looked at the white box and stumbled over his words talking about...oops, my mistake. Whatever, just get me a new one!