Stuck with customize images, how do I get back to default?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I'm getting just as annoyed as you probably are seeing new threads by me. Once i fix this i'm done with doing new things for my phone for a while haha :laugh2:. I unstalled customize inorder to get back my edge icon, but i thought uninstalling customize would go back to factory settings...turns out it doesn't. Now i am stuck with the customize images and when i go to reinstall back customize it says package download failed. I just want to get the default images back...

I don't mind manually replacing the images if someone could just tell me where in my harddrive i can find those folders...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Lol, I know you're gonna hate hearing this, but just start off fresh man...

Look at it this way, now that you've decided that Customize isn't your cup of tea, why bother trying to clean up after it? Just start all over and absolve yourself of the Customize headache once and for all. I think you'll actually save more time in the long run ;)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Lol, I know you're gonna hate hearing this, but just start off fresh man...

Look at it this way, now that you've decided that Customize isn't your cup of tea, why bother trying to clean up after it? Just start all over and absolve yourself of the Customize headache once and for all. I think you'll actually save more time in the long run ;)
Haha, yeah. I know your right. I knew thats is what i was probably going to have to do, i was just avoiding it for as long as possible :p.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Well, if you haven't restored yet you might as well check this app out. It's called StatusStyle, and it lets you theme your Springboard's Status Bar.

They have it available on an Installer Source also, you'll find the link there, so install should be painless.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Well, if you haven't restored yet you might as well check this app out. It's called StatusStyle, and it lets you theme your Springboard's Status Bar.

They have it available on an Installer Source also, you'll find the link there, so install should be painless.
Any particular reason or I might as well install it if i'm about to restore?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Because if it makes things worse you won't harm anything since you're about to restore anyway.
I'll installed and give it a whirl...did you want me to let you know how it went?

and OJ, i always listen to 999, don't you worry.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'll installed and give it a whirl...did you want me to let you know how it went?

and OJ, i always listen to 999, don't you worry.
Lol, watch out for OJ, theres rumors on the internets it kills!

So how did the app work out for you? Work as expected? I was thinking of trying it out, I'd like to make my status bar transparent, and use the wallpaper underneath to act as a skin for it.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Lol, watch out for OJ, theres rumors on the internets it kills!

So how did the app work out for you? Work as expected? I was thinking of trying it out, I'd like to make my status bar transparent, and use the wallpaper underneath to act as a skin for it.
Hmm, i tried it out after i restored because i hadn't heard back from you yet. When you open it and choose one of the styles (there are only a couple like transparent, red etc..) it shows up at the top as a preview. But when you press set and respring and you go back into your phone i could not find the red one i had set. I set it back to default and i'm uninstalling now. I would say don't mess with it.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

This is a cross post, as I just discovered your post. I have a 1.1.3, and have installed StatusStyle, and it does not work.

Any suggestions