stucked at "waiting for iPhone" when try to restore, help!

terrychou

May 21, 2009
I bought my iPhone 3g less than a month ago, and I jailbreak it because I want to block an annoying number. Until yesterday, it was working fine.
But the apps on it couldn't be launched suddenly yesterday, then I tried to reboot my iPhone. But after I turned it off and tried to turn it on again, iPhone just showed me the 'plug into itune' picture.
When I tried to restore it to its factory settings, the initial part worked fine, but when the restore progress never end! it just stucked at the end of the progress bar and itune showing 'waiting for iPhone'.
Yes, I waited, a whole night! but when I got up and saw 'waiting for iPhone' still there.
I tried Windows and Mac both, the same result.

Would someone give me some suggestion or help?
Thanks!

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Search for how to set your phone to DFU mode and recover it that way. Also for future posts, if you can let us know what firmware you are running and the last couple apps you installed before you had the problems.

terrychou

May 21, 2009
actually, I have already tried that and with no luck.
I am running on firmware 2.2.1 and before the crash, I installed Quickgold from BigBoss.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Usually when I'm stuck at the progress bar for a long time I just cancel the sync and start all over again. That'll usually works.