stupid phone

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
I love my iPhone but then again it tries my patience. It had been locking up and I have to power off. And that takes a minute or so of holding the power button. I plugged in the auxillary tape adapter to listen to the iPod on the way to work. No sound. Had to power off completely. Still no sound. Power off again. Finally worked. These phones are a great concept but wow are they buggy.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
try a complete restore and back up as a new phone then sync all your info to it. you will be happy you did it :)

mstone

May 7, 2009
Atlanta, Ga.
I've never heard of that happening, you should do a reset first to see if that fixs the problem, if not then do a full restore. To do a reset, hold down the power and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. While you're doing this, the phone will turn off and you'll be tempted to let go of the buttons, just keep holding until you see the Apple logo. Once you see it, let go of the buttons. That will reset the phone just like restarting your computer. A lot of times doing this will solve problems. If not, do a full restore. If you're still having problems after that, talk to a genius.

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
after hitting restore, do I need to setup as a new phone or sync with my old stuff? if I do new phone, what about my contacts and phone numbers?

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Have you tried listening to audio through headphones to see if you get sound?

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
after hitting the power/home buttons, everything started working, including sound. but it has locked up about 4 more times today. doing a complete restore.

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I had some awsome pics.

And great, I did a complete restore and now no sound at all! this is not good. keyboard doesn't make any noise either.

mstone

May 7, 2009
Atlanta, Ga.
If you restored as a new phone, it should work perfectly, if not then you need to take it in and talk to a genius. By the way, it does back up your camera roll. If they give you a new phone, just do a restore from your last back up and your pics will be there. I just did it, it works.

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
great. I have restored to original settings, still no sound. when I goto the keypad to dial, it doesn't show "dial" then it will show it for just a moment then it kicks back to the homescreen. absolutely no sound.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
have you dropped your phone or gotten it wet? something does not add up here?

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
hasn't been dropped and no water. it just started freezing up today and I did a restore as new phone. now it's worse that what it was.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^i'm gonna /facepalm so hard if thats the problem

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
software version 2.2.1 no beta

freakin phone has no sound, won't dial or receive calls. guess it is going to the shop.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Sounds like a bad phone to me...I'd call Apple and make an appointment. Make a list of everything you did, because they are going to want to do that all over again

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
uhhhhhhhhhhh.......I turned the phone and let it set for about 20 minutes and now the goofy thing works. I have sound and the dialpad is working. will keep this updated.