Subpar Battery life?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bhay99

Jun 30, 2007
Recently my battery life has not been holding up. I charged my phone this morning at about 7am. Today I used it to check email a couple times, surf the web for about 15 minutes, and to talk to my girlfriend for about 45 minutes total. It is now almost midnight and my phone is 2/5th's full on battery. I've had to charge it daily recently....something I've been doing wrong or is my battery defective?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
thats pretty good. 7-12 is 17 hours. Im not good at gauging that though because im usually ON safari constantly. You can try turning things off like wifi and lower brightness.

Bhay99

Jun 30, 2007
I guess the "250" hours of standby time listed by Apple is throwing me off since like 15.5 of those hours it was on standby

evilhomer

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
My battery life is great. I put it to the real test yesterday being out of town. I hammered the phone on voice calls and listening to music while working in one of our branches server rooms. Then on the long drive home from Houston, I made at least a couple of more hours worth of calls. Didn't use wifi all day but when I got home my battery was still over half full.

Coming from other pda smartphone devices I was very pleased.

Bhay99

Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I mean I've been hearing about other peoples great battery life and my phone just doesn't have it. I mean it's good enough to last for the day, but otherwise forget it

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Recently my battery life has not been holding up. I charged my phone this morning at about 7am. Today I used it to check email a couple times, surf the web for about 15 minutes, and to talk to my girlfriend for about 45 minutes total. It is now almost midnight and my phone is 2/5th's full on battery. I've had to charge it daily recently....something I've been doing wrong or is my battery defective?
well welcome to the clib man and i tell you ive change my iPhone like 3 times and i have to change it again due to battery issues.

but i still love my iPhone

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah my battery generally dies quick im always on Wifi and safari really.. but standby when im not using it is generally good I forgot to charge it one night and went on like 6 hours used and 22 hours standby is that generally good?