Subscribe

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
If I subscribe to a forum, I would think that I get updates for any thread. But it appears that I have to subscribe to individual threads in a forum in order to get notifications. Did I explain this right?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If I subscribe to a forum, I would think that I get updates for any thread. But it appears that I have to subscribe to individual threads in a forum in order to get notifications. Did I explain this right?
You can 'Watch' threads which will return notifications? I'm sure you could setup RSS to generate updates to a particular forum/sub-forum.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
With me, I am automatically subscribed if I comment or reply to a thread. Otherwise, I would have to subscribe manually with the option offered.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapa Talk

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
With me, I am automatically subscribed if I comment or reply to a thread. Otherwise, I would have to subscribe manually with the option offered.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapa Talk
That would be a timesaver if I was automatically subscribed when I reply. As it is, I have to manually subscribe to threads that I am interested in following.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I am using the app. Next time I reply to a thread, I will see if I get automatically subscribed. I did not know about the 'Watch' feature. For now I will unsubscribe from all threads.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I am using the app. Next time I reply to a thread, I will see if I get automatically subscribed. I did not know about the 'Watch' feature. For now I will unsubscribe from all threads.
Watch is not a feature. It's just what you do if you read a thread but don't reply or comment.

Sent from my amazing iPhone 5 on iCafe app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I would like to add that I still don't get subscribed to topics that I reply to. I checked the Settings to see if this was something I need to turn on. Apparently not so, but it was said earlier that this would happen automatically when you reply to a topic.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
That is what my current settings are. For some reason though, I have to manually subscribe to a topic that I create or join in. It is not a major issue, but would be nice to have the desired behavior.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Also it occurred to me that this would be a nice feature to add with the subscribe. Just recently, I started a new topic in the Site Feedback forum and didn't know there was any replies until I checked the topics that I have Participated. I would like to venture that most users that create a topic would like to be subscribed automatically and so I propose this feature be added in a future update.