SUCCESS! My iPhone 3G is Now Jailbroken Using the Pwnage Tool

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Jailbraking my iPhone 3G was VERY SIMPLE using the pawnage tool. Everything went smoothly. So, for those of you with the 3G who are nervous, IT WORKS!

NOTE: If you’re looking for apps, they aren’t there yet. Installer isn't available either as it isn't compatible with 2.0. Cydia is but no apps yet. OpenSSH is available you want to do some customizing.

So, if you have an iPhone 3G and your sole purpose for wanting to jailbrake is the INSTALLER apps, you may want to wait a while. No apps as of yet.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
woo hooo im in the process too! i can't wait! i'm so glad i have a macbook. =)

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
ahhh mines failed to go into dfu mode. anyone with the same problem?

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Does everything work? All the stock apps. I know with 1.1.4 you tube didn't work. What about customize? Is there a version that will work with 2.0? Sorry if this has already been posted, i had a 1.1.1 jailbroken phone and I haven't been on the forums lately.
Thanks in advance.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Does everything work? All the stock apps. I know with 1.1.4 you tube didn't work. What about customize? Is there a version that will work with 2.0? Sorry if this has already been posted, i had a 1.1.1 jailbroken phone and I haven't been on the forums lately.
Thanks in advance.
So far everything is working as before for me.

Most of the apps that were used on 1.1.4 and below won't work on 2.0, yet.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
This is sweet! I was going to leave my first generation iPhone with 1.1.4 and jailbreak and unlock it to sell it, but now I'll upgrade it to 2.0 and unlock it and sell it - I think it should fetch more money that way...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
What firmware is it wanting to see right at the outset? I point it at the 5A347 .ipsw file in the iTunes/iPhone Software Updates folder - and it rejects it each time. Not sure what file it is after ...

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
What firmware is it wanting to see right at the outset? I point it at the 5A347 .ipsw file in the iTunes/iPhone Software Updates folder - and it rejects it each time. Not sure what file it is after ...

I used this file (iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw). I downloaded it from the online into my "downloads" folder and pwnage automatically found it.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I used this file (iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw). I downloaded it from the online into my "downloads" folder and pwnage automatically found it.
Same one I'm pointing it at. First on the desktop, just now moved it to /Downloads = still no go - get 'wrong firmware selected' with no further guidance on what would constitute not wrong :(

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I got it now I think, thanks - just needed to tell it to restore and then yank the iPhone, so iTunes downloads a V1 version of same restore file ....
I'm glad you have it working. Enjoy!

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Cheers - nothing much to do after JB - as it seems like almost none of the familiar 1.1.4 JB apps are around yet for 2.0 ...
You're right. I was looking forward to grabbing a few old apps. Hopefully some will trickle out in the coming days/weeks. In the meantime, I installed SSH and I'm now adding my personal customizations to my phone.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
ahhh mines failed to go into dfu mode. anyone with the same problem?
I had this same problem. You must create a folder called "Device Support" in ~/Library/iTunes/ directory. Then it will work. I successfuly pwned my 1st gen iPhone, ready for it to be auctioned off on eBay. Somehow I have to pay for my new white 3G iPhone.

I'll await pwning my personal phone until Installer 4.0 and my favorite apps are ported over.

Anyone else really excited for "Enable 3G" option in BossPrefs? Man, you have to be an idiot to not want to jailbreak your own phone!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i want to unlock a 3g phone so that i can use it with my v1 att plan, is this possible yet?