successful unlock and mods - AT&T customer!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
i was able to successfuly unlock and mod my iPhone using anySIM, AppTap, and iBrickr. The whole thing was very easy, and I ran into no problems. I tested it with a prepaid tmobile sim card, and everything works like a charm.

no more international roaming! those rates were a joke. Now I can just pop in a local prepaid sim, and will save a lot of $$$. i travel out of the country a lot, thats why i decided to unlock the phone...

Lets hope the firmware update doesn't relock the phone.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
i was able to successfuly unlock and mod my iPhone using anySIM, AppTap, and iBrickr. The whole thing was very easy, and I ran into no problems. I test with a prepaid tmobile card, and everything works like a charm.

no more international roaming! those rates were a joke. Now I can just pop in a local prepaid sim, and will save a lot of $$$. i travel out of the country a lot, thats why i decided to unlock the phone...

Lets hope the firmware update doesn't relock the phone.
FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO CONFIRMS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING IN ANOTHER THREAD ALL ALONG. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The free unlock is as easy as the paid for. To achieve the paid for, you must use almost the same steps anyway! Thanks for confirming the Windows installation is as easy as the OS X installation mate (i used the OS X install which was very easy also)

garymooks

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I did the unlock of my ATT iPhone with unlock(previous version of anySIm),AppTapp and Cyberduck.
Tested with T-mobile pre-paid..no problems so far..

To all:
Was this the first try for y'all?
How do I restore back to locked-with-att-warranty-intact state?

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
i unlocked my phone but when i tried a buddy's tmobile sim it loses icons so when i restart it says that i need to reactivate with iTunes?

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
you have to do a virgin restore:

http://www.iPhonegoboom.com/#restore

once you do that, you have to go through the entire unlock process again.

this is what i did:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7007&page=7

you are getting that error, because you tried to unlock more than once.

when I did it, i got an error saying something like "Flash successful, but unlock failed. Please check minicom for error"...it was something like that...that is normal as anySIM has a bug where it does not report the right msg. your phone will be unlocked. do not try to run anySIM again. otherwise you will have to virgin restore and redo the unlock process...

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
nope...just install a pxl package using iBrickr, and run the app on your phone...no hardware mods at all...just software..