Successfully connectied, but not...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gcaraway

Sep 24, 2007
So, I typed my password for the network I want to join. It loaded and now has a check mark next to the wifi network. But, the Edge is still on, is has a check next the the wifi but it doesn't work...this might sound confusing.

once again. I connected to the wifi network, but the E sign is still on my iPhone and when i go to safari the E is still there. Can i fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help

cosmo420

Jan 26, 2008
So, I typed my password for the network I want to join. It loaded and now has a check mark next to the wifi network. But, the Edge is still on, is has a check next the the wifi but it doesn't work...this might sound confusing.

once again. I connected to the wifi network, but the E sign is still on my iPhone and when i go to safari the E is still there. Can i fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help
Bump I am having the same issues myself and I have been searching this website for hours

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
OK, click on the little arrow to the right of the network name and see if you have an IP address assigned. If not, ensure that you have DCHP selected (as that is the most common option). You may need to disable and re-enable WiFi after changing that option.

Do you have anything else using the wireless? If so, are those devices working OK?

cosmo420

Jan 26, 2008
OK, click on the little arrow to the right of the network name and see if you have an IP address assigned. If not, ensure that you have DCHP selected (as that is the most common option). You may need to disable and re-enable WiFi after changing that option.

Do you have anything else using the wireless? If so, are those devices working OK?
I know I have the wifi logo but as soon as I get into safari it goes directly to edge, and yes I do have an ip address attatched to it

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I know I have the wifi logo but as soon as I get into safari it goes directly to edge, and yes I do have an ip address attatched to it

That means that Safari can't connect to the internet over your WiFi. Check and make sure that the settings are correct - DNS, gateway, etc. Also make sure you don't have any security impediments (such as MAC filtering) that are preventing you from connecting to the Internet.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
You are connected to your ROUTER but not to your ACTUAL INTERNET CONNECTION.
Un hook the ethernet from your router and take out its power.
FORGET that wireless network. Wait about a minute and hook it back up.
It should find it and allow you to connect.