suddenly blocked from my WiFi network

trueblue

Dec 6, 2008
My wifes iPhone is set up to be on the house network,,but recently it has started to be offline, and only able to use the 3g netwok. It gets a msg unable to connect to the netwok ? Has this happened to anyone else. ? I looked in settings and wifi is on,, any ideas ?

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
I have a 1st generation iPhone, and am having a similar problem. It doesn't join my network initially. I have to go to settings and select our network. Then when I get online with my wifi, it bounces back and forth between wifi and edge. Then finally it just stays on edge. Then when I go back to settings my network isn't available. If I try typing my network in manually, it says not able to connect to network. I don't think it's my router or Internet because i unplugged the router and plugged it back in, and my laptop and ps3 work fine. I tried resetting my phone, and I even restored it to the factory settings, and still no luck! Someone have any suggestions?

trueblue

Dec 6, 2008
yeh I have no problem connecting with other things on network ,, ps3 fine, pc and on laptop now. went into settings and tried connecting manually and get same msg,,,tied telling it to disregard network and re-set it ,,when I enter password,,same thing

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Okay Blue, have you tried just turning Wifi on/off? and then if you still have no luck, then restart your phone, and then if you're still having problems then you may have to do a restore.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
From reading the Wifi forum....a lot of users have this issue....some people have had success by going into settings under General...and resetting network settings.