Suggest me good case, iPhone 4

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
Guys suggest me a good case for my iPhone 4. I am from India, only following brands are available

switcheasy
capdase
power support
otterbox

so suggest me a good one within 10-20$. how is switcheasy trim ?

or I can order from focalprice or dealextreme.

and also if I drop my phone, do these protectors cover my iPhone ? Say some height of 1 meter.

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
Dropped my 3GS encased in switcheasy rebel from 3, 4 and multiple times shorter drops. Not even a scratch. When I was selling it buyer could not believe it was used for a year phone.
My iPhone 4 is covered by ZAGG and in switcheasy rebel as well. I got to admit I never dropped it so I don't know about protection. But it seems it would protect it

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011
So how is it in overall ? Is it good ?

I read in a review that Grip is not so good as it supposed, what do you say about that ?

Now I am confused between Rebel and Trim....

thanks a lot :)

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
I am sure I am biased but I really like it. I wish it was smooth instead of having all those ridges. Can't really understand why would anybody complain about grip. You hold it and it's not slimy or slippery.
I got it because I dropped my first iPhone 4 and while it didn't shutter it took away my joy because of scratches and chip in plastic around glass screen. This case seems like it would protect iPhone but I wouldn't exactly go around dropping it to check like the guy in Lifeproof case commercial does.
Trim looks like PITA to put on.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I hate those Otterbox, Ballistic, life proof cases. What is the point of getting the slimmest smartphone on the market to put it inside a brick? I'd rather spend my money on applcare+ and not look like I'm carrying around a portable hard drive in my pocket. When looking for a case I look at aesthetics and just protecting from normal wear and tear. The switcheasy rebel is a great example. Sick looking case that protects. Iver had mine for a year and dropped my iPhone numerous times with no breakage or scratches. Only negative I can think of is that the headphone port is a little small. Not the smallest I've seen but won't accept cables like monster cables.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
LifeProof
The only case that's as rugged as all the other bulky cases, waterproof, and half the size they are. I wouldn't trust my phone to another case again.
lifeproof.com

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
LifeProof
The only case that's as rugged as all the other bulky cases, waterproof, and half the size they are. I wouldn't trust my phone to another case again.
lifeproof.com

I use LifeProof and love it. I gave up the OtterBox for it. But I work in wet & dirty conditions. Sometimes on the weekends, I got without a case at all. I do have a reusable Moshi screen cover though.

Target

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I use LifeProof and love it. I gave up the OtterBox for it. But I work in wet & dirty conditions. Sometimes on the weekends, I got without a case at all. I do have a reusable Moshi screen cover though.

Target

Good stuff Target! LifeProof is definitely a case in it's own league...no other case offers the same level of protection without compromising looks. My otter ox hasn't seen the outside of my drawer since I got my first case in April.