Suggest me good case, iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by avin7000, Jun 10, 2011.

1. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

Guys suggest me a good case for my iPhone 4. I am from India, only following brands are available

switcheasy
    capdase
    power support
    otterbox

so suggest me a good one within 10-20$. how is switcheasy trim ?

or I can order from focalprice or dealextreme.

and also if I drop my phone, do these protectors cover my iPhone ? Say some height of 1 meter.

2. pybe

pybe New Member

If your worried about protection I would choose otterbox.

3. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

hmm....not protection, say overall.

1 meter drop was just an example :p

4. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Dropped my 3GS encased in switcheasy rebel from 3, 4 and multiple times shorter drops. Not even a scratch. When I was selling it buyer could not believe it was used for a year phone.
    My iPhone 4 is covered by ZAGG and in switcheasy rebel as well. I got to admit I never dropped it so I don't know about protection. But it seems it would protect it

5. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

So how is it in overall ? Is it good ?

I read in a review that Grip is not so good as it supposed, what do you say about that ?

Now I am confused between Rebel and Trim....

thanks a lot :)

6. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

I am sure I am biased but I really like it. I wish it was smooth instead of having all those ridges. Can't really understand why would anybody complain about grip. You hold it and it's not slimy or slippery.
    I got it because I dropped my first iPhone 4 and while it didn't shutter it took away my joy because of scratches and chip in plastic around glass screen. This case seems like it would protect iPhone but I wouldn't exactly go around dropping it to check like the guy in Lifeproof case commercial does.
    Trim looks like PITA to put on.

7. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

he he I get it...Thanks for the response :)

Now I am between Otterbox Defender or SwitchEasy Rebel

8. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

Gonna get Rebel. Thanks everyone :)

9. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have an otter box. I dropped my phone from my shoulder to concrete within the first hour of my putting my iPhone 4 in the otter box. Good timing, yes. Good case, oh yeah!

10. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I hate those Otterbox, Ballistic, life proof cases. What is the point of getting the slimmest smartphone on the market to put it inside a brick? I'd rather spend my money on applcare+ and not look like I'm carrying around a portable hard drive in my pocket. When looking for a case I look at aesthetics and just protecting from normal wear and tear. The switcheasy rebel is a great example. Sick looking case that protects. Iver had mine for a year and dropped my iPhone numerous times with no breakage or scratches. Only negative I can think of is that the headphone port is a little small. Not the smallest I've seen but won't accept cables like monster cables.

11. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

LifeProof
    The only case that's as rugged as all the other bulky cases, waterproof, and half the size they are. I wouldn't trust my phone to another case again.
    lifeproof.com

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

12. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I use LifeProof and love it. I gave up the OtterBox for it. But I work in wet & dirty conditions. Sometimes on the weekends, I got without a case at all. I do have a reusable Moshi screen cover though.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

13. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Good stuff Target! LifeProof is definitely a case in it's own league...no other case offers the same level of protection without compromising looks. My otter ox hasn't seen the outside of my drawer since I got my first case in April.

14. you can come this online store, many many fashionable iPhone cases