Suggested YouTube fix/source on ZiPhone

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I had the YouTube issue on a 1.1.3 OTB iPhone and no issues on a 1.0.X iPhone that had previously been JB etc. The major difference was that I option-shift restored the 1.0.X to get to 1.1.3 (total cleans phone) and I only initially ran ZiPhone on the 1.1.3 OTB (already JB'ed another way, wanted ZiPhone unlock mainly). I went round the shift-option update, add activation file suggest by several other posters, update loop several on this phone with no joy in getting YouTube working (trying to use backup/restore to save time after modification using ZiPhone). The fact the restore route had no issues but the update route did lead me to think maybe... So I option restored the 1.1.3 iPhone and, guess what, youtube then worked. I have since tested this a number of times (ZiPhone can be run several times on the same phone with no issues) and every time if you restore the phone first you get active youtube and if you either option shift update or have stuff already on the phone youtube becomes inactive. Since this I have also downgrade bootloader to 3.9 on 1.1.3OTB with no issues as well

Jan 15, 2008
I had the YouTube issue on a 1.1.3 OTB iPhone and no issues on a 1.0.X iPhone that had previously been JB etc. The major difference was that I option-shift restored the 1.0.X to get to 1.1.3 (total cleans phone) and I only initially ran ZiPhone on the 1.1.3 OTB (already JB'ed another way, wanted ZiPhone unlock mainly). I went round the shift-option update, add activation file suggest by several other posters, update loop several on this phone with no joy in getting YouTube working (trying to use backup/restore to save time after modification using ZiPhone). The fact the restore route had no issues but the update route did lead me to think maybe... So I option restored the 1.1.3 iPhone and, guess what, youtube then worked. I have since tested this a number of times (ZiPhone can be run several times on the same phone with no issues) and every time if you restore the phone first you get active youtube and if you either option shift update or have stuff already on the phone youtube becomes inactive. Since this I have also downgrade bootloader to 3.9 on 1.1.3OTB with no issues as well
Can you please be more specific? I am having "cannot connect to Youtube" after upgrading to 1.1.3 (had original 1.0.2 OTB and had jailbroken up to 1.1.2). I used ZiPhone's to jailbreak the 1.1.3 with no problems other than Youtube.

I read this and thought.. what the heck, I'll restore and then jailbreak again using ZiPhone. Still no luck!

Jun 19, 2007
Did you try the YouTube Activation under Unlocking tools in installer? This fixed my YouTube. Maybe this will help.

Jan 15, 2008
Did you try the YouTube Activation under Unlocking tools in installer? This fixed my YouTube. Maybe this will help.
Yes, I did. Still says "Cannot connect with Youtube." I tried multiple installer tools.

Jan 15, 2008
I went back and restored to 1.1.3. Then I jailbroke using ZiPhone. After that, I still had no functioning Youtube... However, I saw this note on another board:
try adding http://hacxip.com to the installer sources, and then install "YouTube Fix", it fixed it for me.
I did that, and VOILA! Youtube is now working!

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami
I went back and restored to 1.1.3. Then I jailbroke using ZiPhone. After that, I still had no functioning Youtube... However, I saw this note on another board:
try adding http://hacxip.com to the installer sources, and then install "YouTube Fix", it fixed it for me.
I did that, and VOILA! Youtube is now working!
nope didn't work for me...

towg

Jan 16, 2008
nope didn't work for me...

Everyone,

I would be especially wary of installing this http://hacxip.com fix. I made the mistake of installing it, and found that it was stuck on my phone with no 'uninstall' option. I checked the info page - which seemed completely fake as it contained no proper text. After googling the app I could only find very similar looking recommendations and links for the app posted by new users. All other results were middle eastern forums so I couldnt read them.

And the app size seems too small to be bona fide. I've done a restore just to get it off my system. In short - it stinks (and certainly doesn't do what it claims to).

Feb 20, 2008

dprkphoto

Mar 1, 2008
UK
Thankyou,Thankyou,Thankyou,Thankyou

Congrats to Tryintogetpaid. I've been searching for a Youtube fix for my iPod Touch 8gb for three weeks. This one works. I managed it without the lockdownd file.

1Duran1

Mar 1, 2008
Congrats to Tryintogetpaid. I've been searching for a Youtube fix for my iPod Touch 8gb for three weeks. This one works. I managed it without the lockdownd file.
I've also tried this after using ZiPhone unlock on 1.1.4 and YouTube (as well as Yahoo! mail) now work correctly.

Replacing "the three files" and removing the file from activation_records did the trick. No need (for me) to replace the lockdownd file, either.

Many, many thanks for the tips.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

ocademi

Mar 5, 2008
pls explain further.

tryintogetpaid, i don't get what you suggested. i might be outdated. but kindly explain how you fix your youtube step by step. thanks

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Guys... all u have to do is go to SETTINGS, then GENERAL, then RESET... then RESET ALL CONTENT.. then do a SOFT RESET.. and that should fix the problem.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Not to sound dumb, but how do you do a soft reset?

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Hold down power button and home button together for about 5-10 seconds till Apple logo shows on the screen. Once u see that.. LET GO and let it reset. hopefully this fixes the youtube problem bc it did for me after ZiPhone jb.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Will try it. Thanks.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Didn't work for me.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
1. Download the lockdownd file from http://*******.com/2o6kla (t1nyuRL)

2. Download these three files http://www.macriot.com/support/thethreefiles.zip

3. Replace the lockdownd in /usr/libexec

4. Replace the three files in /var/root/Library/Lockdown/

5. Delete all files in the the ACTIVATION RECORDS FOLDER.

6. Restart your iPhone

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME AND MY iPhone.
Does anybody know if this works with 1.1.3 phones jailbroken using iJailBreak?