Suggestion: Dedicated iPhone Modification Forum

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Trying to go to the iPhone forum has become more and more difficult with all the mod questions. How about creating a forum that's dedicated to it to clean things up a little in the main forum for those that can surf iPhone posts w/o having to sort through mods when they're not interested in it.

Just a suggestion!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Trying to go to the iPhone forum has become more and more difficult with all the mod questions. How about creating a forum that's dedicated to it to clean things up a little in the main forum for those that can surf iPhone posts w/o having to sort through mods when they're not interested in it.

Just a suggestion!

I think the iPhone Software forum is kinda the place for that....no one is following that, though..

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Rename that forum...that would probably solve it b/c software isn't the first thing I think of when modding a phone. I think more of installable stuff (I know I know you can't, but by default I think that) and also about Web apps. If a forum said "iPhone modications" or something like that...it's pretty clear.

You'll still get the stray post on mods in the main forum which is fine, but right now it's just really hard to sort through basic posts w/o getting stuck in the mod post mud.

Again, just suggesting to help streamline things a little so people can possibly get their questions here answered in a faster manner w/o having to wade through the other stuff.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This forum should be more for general discussion than modifications. Maybe the iPhone software forum could be renamed. It might help.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks for the suggestion! I almost missed this thread. For forum suggestions, please use the general discussion forum. It's easier for me to monitor and see what's happening there.

The iPhone Modifications forum is live. I'll move all the custom discussion there.

iPhone software is specifically set up to discuss software issues that occur on the iPhone. For example, if a member has a question about the camera application, etc. Software issues related to a platform should go in the correct platform forum. For example, an Outlook question belows in Windows PC and iPhone.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Great idea and definitely needed!

<---------Moving to General Discussion------------------->

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Wow, I'm doing some heavy mod lifting today. There were a ton of modification threads.

Again, great idea on this category.

-Chris

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Glad I could help out. I really enjoy this Web site, having been a part of it for quite a while. It's a fun place to visit daily (and all day long)! Keep up the good work, and thank you very much in return for taking heart into the suggestion. :)