Suggestions for Android Forum Category at eiC?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm starting to entertain the idea of having a forum for people who switch from iPhone to Android and those who are entertaining the idea. While there are not shortage of Android forums, hey I run one too, those are not the same experience as iCafe. For one, the folks here are iPhone users or former iPhone users. I think they could benefit from having a discussion forum here at eiC. @psylichon @patrickj @Ramesh @connie are just a few of the folks who are 'homeless'. :)

We often have pop-up topics for new Android phones and this could certainly house those discussions. I think topics on switching, best Android phones, apps, etc. are worthy of their own category.

Thoughts?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have to agree with you on this. Sadly, things that Apple have decided to do now such as a price increase, may or have already caused some people to decide to switch. With the Android part of the forum, those people will be able to learn more about the Android and then 100% make their decision.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I don't think it's about price increases or phone screen size increases. It's about people. It's about a world of technology that gets better and better with each ecosystem of smartphones and other devices. Many here have both iPhones and Android phones. Many of our families are split with some using iPhones and others using Androids. We need to be able to address the issues of them all. We're all too connected. So, I'm all for it.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
What about people who switch from Android to iPhone?

And yes, other forums don't have the same experience as eiC because they don't have me. Simple as that.
You're right, people switching from an Android to an iPhone will be able to see possibly better differences between the two.

eiC is a different experience with you here? Ok I'll go with that. You are knowledgeable and also make people laugh at times when it's needed. :)

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Sounds like a great idea. I think it's safe to say we have moved on from the hardcore iOS versus Android battles so we can now live under the same roof. As an iOS and Android user on a daily basis I enjoy reading about both.