Suggestions needed for a MacBook Pro

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I'm replacing my current Aluminium MacBook to possibly a 15" MacBook Pro.

I plan on using some Photoshop, Final Cut and maybe some Aperture in the future. Would the second best 15" be good enough for all that? Or should I go for the higher end one.

Basic differences are the slightly more powerful processor, 2.8 as compared to 2.66 and the 512MB graphics as compared to the 256MB.

Thanks guys!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
If you're gonne be doing a lot of graphic or video editing, I would seriously consider going with a MBP with the 9600GT graphics. It will speed up the processing of that stuff a ton.

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
If you're gonne be doing a lot of graphic or video editing, I would seriously consider going with a MBP with the 9600GT graphics. It will speed up the processing of that stuff a ton.
Both have a 9600GT, one is 256MB and the other is 512MB. These is a $300 difference. I'm wondering if it's worth it. :O

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Both have a 9600GT, one is 256MB and the other is 512MB. These is a $300 difference. I'm wondering if it's worth it. :O
I would say if you have the extra $$ to just go ahead and go for it. I mean once you buy this computer how soon do you think your going to be in the market for another one? Probably not for awhile so I would go all out and get the best machine you can afford. That way you will have no regrets later. Cyber Monday is tomorrow and I'm sure Apple will have some stuff on sale so be sure to check it out!

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I would say if you have the extra $$ to just go ahead and go for it. I mean once you buy this computer how soon do you think your going to be in the market for another one? Probably not for awhile so I would go all out and get the best machine you can afford. That way you will have no regrets later. Cyber Monday is tomorrow and I'm sure Apple will have some stuff on sale so be sure to check it out!
Yeah, I guess I should go for the better one. I'd probably hold off on the Apple Care for a while.

Thanks!