Suggestions?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 29, 2007
Northern CA
I gave my laptop to a family member and purchased a new Laptop w/Vista 64 bit OS. When I connect the iPhone to the new laptop, iTunes issues the following error 'Please connect iPhone to a computer running a 32 bit version of XP or Vista'.

The system requirements displayed on the iPhone box say that Vista is supported; there is no mention of 32 or 64 bit Vista. I checked the requirements on the box before ordering the laptop.

Has anyone succeeded in either syncing or possibly accessing the iPhone directories via 64bit Vista? Today I visited an Apple store; as expected, they weren't helpful, saying only 'yes, we know it doesn't work.'

What are my options? Are there are others waiting for Apple to provide some guidance? I love my iPhone but it looses it's luster if it can't be synced. I feel like Apple hasn't been helpful on this. Do you think I should be allowed to return the phone due to 'false system requirements statements'? Do you have other suggestions about how to push Apple on this?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I gave my laptop to a family member and purchased a new Laptop w/Vista 64 bit OS. When I connect the iPhone to the new laptop, iTunes issues the following error 'Please connect iPhone to a computer running a 32 bit version of XP or Vista'.

The system requirements displayed on the iPhone box say that Vista is supported; there is no mention of 32 or 64 bit Vista. I checked the requirements on the box before ordering the laptop.

Has anyone succeeded in either syncing or possibly accessing the iPhone directories via 64bit Vista? Today I visited an Apple store; as expected, they weren't helpful, saying only 'yes, we know it doesn't work.'

What are my options? Are there are others waiting for Apple to provide some guidance? I love my iPhone but it looses it's luster if it can't be synced. I feel like Apple hasn't been helpful on this. Do you think I should be allowed to return the phone due to 'false system requirements statements'? Do you have other suggestions about how to push Apple on this?
The situations that these users are discussing are the actual installation of iTunes having a problem on 64 bit Vista, however if they can get the install to work perhaps the same instructions may assist in fixing your problem.

http://www.covidimus.net/wp/index.php/?p=81