SummerBoard 2.0 kills your 5 icon dock setting in rSBT

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I really like having 5 icons in my dock (a setting offered in rSBT) but SummerBoard 2.0 made it into 4 even if I try and change it to 5 in rSBT. What gives?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I really like having 5 icons in my dock (a setting offered in rSBT) but SummerBoard 2.0 made it into 4 even if I try and change it to 5 in rSBT. What gives?
There is already a thread concerning this I believe. The conclusion seems to be it has its own dock management, making apps like Dock Switch etc. useless. I'm sure they'll fix this.

nioted

Jul 21, 2007
I found a fix but its not going to look good. You have to go to SMBPrefs and change the Dock size to mini, then you'll be able to fit 5 or even you to 9 icons in the dock but the icons are smaller and harder to press.:(

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
not also dose it kill the 5 icon dock but also it messed up with swap dock i hope thers an update to fix this soon cuzz im also disappointed in these updates unless anyone has figured how these can be fixed please let us all no :)

Airscape

Sep 14, 2007
not also dose it kill the 5 icon dock but also it messed up with swap dock i hope thers an update to fix this soon cuzz im also disappointed in these updates unless anyone has figured how these can be fixed please let us all no :)
Don't need dockswap anymore just upload your dock images as Dock.png in var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/xxxx (xxxx= name of the theme you want to create) Then just use summerboard theme switch to change the dock image. You can also put the minidock and background images for the themes in there if you want to.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Don't need dockswap anymore just upload your dock images as Dock.png in var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/xxxx (xxxx= name of the theme you want to create) Then just use summerboard theme switch to change the dock image. You can also put the minidock and background images for the themes in there if you want to.
The issue here isn't losing the dock image (although that also is an issue). We're talking about losing our 5 icon dock option. This can't be fixed using the directions you just described.

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007

now when you say upload my dock images to png but i do this on the mac n then upload it to my iPhone or dose it work in iPhone alltogether ?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Has anyone tried resizing the icons so having the 5 on the bottom doesn't look soo unbalanced? Those big 5 icons like that makes the page bottom heavy, and since they don't line up with the columns correctly it makes this an even bigger eyesore.

It sucks because I'm losing functionality over visual preference. If the icons could be made a tiny bit smaller they could be forced to line up a little better.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Turn on Five Icon Dock in Summberboad (2.11)

Then in rSBT, set it to Five Icon Dock in the settings
Then arrange the icons as you wish.

I even had a 6 icon dock, but it was to small.

(sorry for the background)

Last edited by a moderator:

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007

Dude, WHERE can I get that background image?!?

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

Not a darn thing wrong with that background, friend!

Rumpelgeist

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the info on getting those icons to look better. Now the problem is I have too much space below the last row of icons... /sigh I hate being me sometimes.

Regarding the background image, I don't mind posts with happy endings :)

I have a couple that I have made, however they're a whole lot less obvious, and look like a background pattern once the icons spring up and cover up the lovely lasse behind them ;)