summerboard 2.1 already out on installer.app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
things ive noticed so far.. new icon for SBM preferences and then a new theme and some new options im not sure which ones are new because i didn't pay attention to the ones that were there fore 2.0
the new themes pretty sweet it adds ipod touch-like icons its called louie mantia

i wish we could have an app that we can arrange each individual icon/dock/wallpaper to our own likings to make a completely custom theme

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
things ive noticed so far.. new icon for SBM preferences and then a new theme and some new options im not sure which ones are new because i didn't pay attention to the ones that were there fore 2.0
the new themes pretty sweet it adds ipod touch-like icons its called louie mantia

i wish we could have an app that we can arrange each individual icon/dock/wallpaper to our own likings to make a completely custom theme
You can, just move the theme files around using MobileFinder.

The Themes are located in this folder:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

To create your own theme, create a new folder and place the following images in the folder:

Dock.png
MiniDock.png*
StatusBar.png*
Wallpaper.png

*optional

To replace the icons for your theme, place an Icons folder in your theme folder and place the following files:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ThemeName/Icons

Calculator.png
Calendar.png
Camera.png
Mail.png
Notes.png
Photos.png
Stocks.png
Text.png (sms)
Weather.png
YouTube.png
iPod.png

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i know you can do that but i was talkin bout like an actually appl;ication that showed an example iPhone with your current icons and theme and you can just easily swap any out then save it but thanks for tryin to help

Jasper44

Sep 3, 2007
You need to restart your iPhone to see the icon changes. To do this quickly just goto Summerboard prefs and click Restart Summerboard.
No they show up without restarting. The problem I had, which I think a lot of people might have, is that the new icon changing system changes them based on what the icon text is. For instance it puts the text.png icon in the place of the icon that says text under it. So if you have edited your LocalizedApplicationNames.strings to make them all blank then the icons wont change. Re-upload one with all the text under the icons then turn the text off with the new option in the summerboard preferences,