summerboard 3.1-1 doesn't "see" themes from installer.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
after jailbreaking 1.1.3, one of the first things i tried to do after this was install SMB and some themes. So i did.

a couple interesting things happened. first i noticed that some themes left over from my 1.0.2 days were STILL there... even after a few restores (WITHOUT "restoring" from a backup). Also, any themes i download from installer DON'T show up in SMB.

so my objectives are twofold: 1) delete these old themes that are sticking around; and 2) put the new themes in the directory where the old ones are.

so what is the best way to FIND where these are? I do know they are not in var/root/Summerboard/Themes. I have looked in every place i thought might have them, and have had no luck.

thanks for any help!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Put them into /var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes

If you insist on using /var/root/, then install the SMB fix from installer, it just puts a symlink in /var/root to the folder I've listed above.

You may need to add community sources or http://sleepers.net/iPhonerepo to your sources.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
cool. i figured it would be an easy fix. thanks!

as a side question... would you recommend something besides iBrickr? deleting one file at a time is rather tedious... not to mention being unable to delete directories. I would have thought Nate would have a greater attention to detail...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
WinSCP, its free, has a built in command-line and above all is reliable. You can make your own symlinks on it really easily too, no real need to know all the switches and lingo, just where u want the link to be, and where u want it to go :)

If you're on a Mac, go for CyberDuck.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i have winscp, but no WIFI... i guess i could setup an ad-hoc... too lazy at the moment.

riot984

Dec 23, 2007
They added a new update for this. I had the same problem, just refresh your sources and look under S for SMB Theme Fix