Summerboard Is Back, for 1.1.3!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Installer has had an update tonight (which has added an 'Add To Queue feature) and after applying that update there is a new version of Summerboard available - just installed it and added a couple themes back, seems good so far ...

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
i just got it, when i went to the smb icon there was still my old themes, but when i tried to use them, restarted with the default one, any ideas:(

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
i just got it, when i went to the smb icon there was still my old themes, but when i tried to use them, restarted with the default one, any ideas:(
Not sure what you mean by old themes. I had no themes since jailbreaking 1.1.3 - so once Summerboard was back, I just added them via Themes > Summerboard as normal. What happens if you add a new theme?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
awesome. with this and mobilescrobbler back, i'm definitely motivated to jailbreak tomorrow.

woot.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
awesome. with this and mobilescrobbler back, i'm definitely motivated to jailbreak tomorrow.

woot.

Apps and updates are coming thick and fast again it seems - Installer updated tonight, and now there is a *real* speed dial app as well. What I mean by real is no need to enter tel:// URLs followed by a number and then get a confirmation popup in Safari to make the call etc. - just tap a name and call - and it gives you one tap access to the Contacts app within it as well, saving an icon on the home screen - nice :)

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
ok i got it to work, had the old 3.0 summerboard still installed, so i uninstalled both 3.0 and 3.1.1, and installed 3.1.1 fresh, and what do u know it works:laugh2:

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Awesome thanks for the news!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Create a Blank Springboard to Showoff your Background :)

You sent a new one? Hrm, let me check...

But first... the reason I logged in, lol...

If any of you out there fancy having a clean springboard, i.e. no icons on it at all, we're SOL until Dock comes out for 1.1.3. However, I've stumbled upon a real low-tech approach to achieving the same effect by editing a Webclip and putting it on it's own page. I've basically got a clean springboard now, and if I need apps I just slide over one window, no more trying to find the sweet spot on that sunburst in the corner. I still can't switch mid application like Dock, but this is better than nothing ;)

If you'd like to do the same, just follow these simple instructions:

1) Create a Webclip from Safari and name it Blank. Now, move this Webclip to it's own Page, so that its all alone :)
2) SSH into your iPhone with WinSCP or Cyberduck
3) Browse to /private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips
4) Click the "Date Modified" column in your SSH client and find the recent Webclip you made
5) Copy over the Info.plist file and Open it with a Text editor
6) Find the area:

<key>Title</key>
<string>Blank</string>

7) Delete the text "Blank" <string>Blank</string> so that it looks like this:

<string></string>

8) Save the file and upload it back to the iPhone, overwriting the original
9) Copy over the blank icon.png attached below
10) Restart your iPhone (or just have Summerboard Restart Springboard)
11) Browse to your newly blank page :)

Attachments

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Installer has had an update tonight (which has added an 'Add To Queue feature) and after applying that update there is a new version of Summerboard available - just installed it and added a couple themes back, seems good so far ...
Freakin wonderful, been waiting for this, my main reason to j/b!

OK, I did a fresh 1.1.3 JB and install of SMB 3.1.1 and I can't get any themes that I've downloaded to show up in the themes section of SMB. Is there something I have to do additional to get them to show up?

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Excellent. I'm on a jailbroken 1.12 now, as I got tired of not having SummerBoard and Customize. Once Customize sees an update for 1.13, I'll go back.

- John