summerboard is missing from Installer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 29, 2007
I upgraded to 1.1.2 and then reinstalled installer app..via the jailbreak method...

Now I can not find summerboard in the installer list of apps...

any thoughts on how to get this and install it.

I have community sources installed...but still no summerboard...have all the themes...

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I upgraded to 1.1.2 and then reinstalled installer app..via the jailbreak method...

I have community sources installed...but still no summerboard...have all the themes...

Try looking to see if you can uninstall it maybe.

I have no clue why it would already be on the phone unless the upgrade didn't get rid of it, but just a crazy idea to try.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If the server is down for the customize source (like it was for awhile yesterday) then the customize.app will not be in the list until the server comes back online.

Ninhle323

Sep 25, 2007

I upgraded to 1.1.2 last night, and the samething occurred to me too, I kept searching on where summerboard went, but I can't figure it out. Could someone help with this issue?

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
I'll be the third one to repeat it, server is probably down or not responding right now...try again later. Had this issue on Sun night with Nullriver too...just one of the downsides of opensource/3rd party hacks is they don't have the millions of dollars to keep things running 24/7 :D

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
same problem here, did the 1.1.2 jailbreak last nite and now I can't update the summerboard through installer, all my themes are still in the iPhone, but I can't access them, missing the summerboard icon too : (

ssubra1

Nov 13, 2007
I think this will help...

I found this written in another forum and it seems like it will work:

"The reason the NES and Summerboard are not there is that, for them to be installed using the installer.app, the two programs have to be "allowed" to run on the new firmware.

Because you can't download it, you can't set those privileges (so wait for the developers too)

You can install summerboard manually though. I have not tried NES but will help anyone that needs it.

Download summerboard here: http://www.nullriver.com/~zigzag/SummerBoard.zip

Ok... Install SSH on your phone, and log into it using an SFTP client. (I use CyberDuck)

Read carefuly now, and copy the files to your iPhone from the Summerboard folder as follows:

SummerBoard.framework -> /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework

SMBPrefs.app -> /Applications/SMBPrefs.app

Themes -> /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

com.apple.SpringBoard.plist -> /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Make sure that the plists permissions are as such:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

you now have summerboard prefs. have fun!"

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
ok weird problem, i went on ibrickr to install a different summerboard and to get the nes app, so i click to install and it tells me to wait for the soft reboot, phone does not reboot, when i try it through safari, i get a error saying "safari cant open page", i only thing ibrickr is letting me do is navigate through my iPhone files, lets me install my roms for gba app, its lets me in my iPhone, but i cant install anything, pissing me off lol, can anybody help:( oh and my phone is 1.1.2 jailbroken