Summerboard Moved- Phone/Mail/Safari/iPod Icons- Help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I just got my iPhone on Friday and tonight I decided to mod it; I used the one click method and everything worked fine. With Installer.app, I installed Summerboard.

After installing Summerboard, my phone, mail, safari & iPod icons are now at the top of my screen. Interesting enough is that I spent most of the day sitting here reading most of the forum until I felt comfortable enough to do this myself.

I read the same thing happened to someone else (maybe Tinman, but don't remember exactly), but now I cant find that thread anywhere.

My question, how do I get my dock back to the bottom? Give me the dummied-down way to do it.

All help appreciated.

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
I just got my iPhone on Friday and tonight I decided to mod it; I used the one click method and everything worked fine. With Installer.app, I installed Summerboard.

After installing Summerboard, my phone, mail, safari & iPod icons are now at the top of my screen. Interesting enough is that I spent most of the day sitting here reading most of the forum until I felt comfortable enough to do this myself.

I read the same thing happened to someone else (maybe Tinman, but don't remember exactly), but now I cant find that thread anywhere.

My question, how do I get my dock back to the bottom? Give me the dummied-down way to do it.

All help appreciated.
When installing SummerBoard, you copied 3 folders to your phone. It wasn't in the instructions, but the perimissions need to be 755. Just copy them again and set the permissions to 755 and you will be good. I know, it happened to me too.

Aug 9, 2007
If you right click on the file (in winSCP), you can see the properties. The box at the bottom labeled "octal" (I think, i'm at work at the moment) needs to read 0755.:)

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I believe the scandalex installed Summerboard from the installer app, not manually.
Scan, just go back into installer and uninstall Summerboard, reboot your iPhone and the dock will be back where it belongs. Then you have to manually install Summerboard, which at this time Im not really sure how to do. Ive seen posts about loading the files manually into the iPhone using winSCP, but im not sure where to get winSCP. Ive also seen some recent posts about loading SUmmerboard using the newest version of iBrickr.

Hope this helps Scandalex.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I believe the scandalex installed Summerboard from the installer app, not manually.
Scan, just go back into installer and uninstall Summerboard, reboot your iPhone and the dock will be back where it belongs. Then you have to manually install Summerboard, which at this time Im not really sure how to do. Ive seen posts about loading the files manually into the iPhone using winSCP, but im not sure where to get winSCP. Ive also seen some recent posts about loading SUmmerboard using the newest version of iBrickr.

Hope this helps Scandalex.
Well last night I ended up doing a restore. I stayed awake for hours doing nothing but reading trying to get this figured out. I went into Installer.app and started uninstalling things I had put on; thinking this may help get my dock back to the bottom.

I read somewhere that "Trip1PogoStick" was not needed; so thats the first & last thing I uninstalled. For the next 20 minutes, I got to look at the Apple logo I was stuck on.

I restored and did the jailbreak all over again. The one click method installs installer.app, so there really wasn't anything I had to do other than restarting the phone when instructed on screen.

Once I broke out of jail, I installed "Community Sources, BSD Subsystem and a few programs.

I stopped and did not re-install Summerboard; it what caused my problems.

I've only had my iPhone for a few days and this was my first attempt at Jailbreaking. I don't know how, other than using Installer.app, to put anything else on the iPhone.

Papa said:
When installing SummerBoard, you copied 3 folders to your phone. It wasn't in the instructions, but the perimissions need to be 755. Just copy them again and set the permissions to 755 and you will be good. I know, it happened to me too.
Papa, I didn't copy anything anywhere.

Crash said:
If you right click on the file (in winSCP), you can see the properties. The box at the bottom labeled "octal" (I think, i'm at work at the moment) needs to read 0755.:)
You lost me right here. :cool:

Merlin said:
Exactly.

Tinman said:
yes iBrickr 0.91 works with 1.1.1. And Summerboard 1.1.1 is on it.
I don't know how to use iBrickr. How do I get it on the phone or is this done from the desktop?

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated! :cool: :) :cool:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I don't know how to use iBrickr. How do I get it on the phone or is this done from the desktop?

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated! :cool: :) :cool:
Just download it from here, unzip it into a folder, and run ibrickr.exe:
http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

Once you go through the setting up PXL stuff (easy) you can use Applications within iBrickr to install the correct version of Summerboard (it's called Summerboard 1.1.1 on iBrickr).
--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Just download it from here, unzip it into a folder, and run ibrickr.exe:
http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

Once you go through the setting up PXL stuff (easy) you can use Applications within iBrickr to install the correct version of Summerboard (it's called Summerboard 1.1.1 on iBrickr).
--
Mike
Tinman, you are awesme bro. So you can transfer themes from ibrickr also? Thats cool. I cant wait to get home now.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Tinman, you are awesme bro. So you can transfer themes from ibrickr also? Thats cool. I cant wait to get home now.
Yep you can indeed transfer themes. I also recommend installing "PXL MobileSafari Plugin v1.0." This will let you use Mobile Safari to download from this site directly:
http://pxl.ibrickr.com/

(The above is the site iBrickr uses too.)

I like having this option in case I am away from my desktop PC and have found out about an app that is on iBrickr but not on Installer. Like BeatPhone for instance: It's been on version 0.2.5 for days now, which iBrickr (and the Website above) have had since it was released. But Installer still has 0.2.4, which doesn't work right on 1.1.1 iPhones. With the Mobile Safari Plugin installed I could download BeatPhone from http://pxl.ibrickr.com/ right on my iPhone.

--
Mike

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Yep you can indeed transfer themes. I also recommend installing "PXL MobileSafari Plugin v1.0." This will let you use Mobile Safari to download from this site directly:

I like having this option in case I am away from my desktop PC and have found out about an app that is on iBrickr but not on Installer. Like BeatPhone for instance: It's been on version 0.2.5 for days now, which iBrickr (and the Website above) have had since it was released. But Installer still has 0.2.4, which doesn't work right on 1.1.1 iPhones. With the Mobile Safari Plugin installed I could download BeatPhone from http://pxl.ibrickr.com/ right on my iPhone.
--
Mike
I always heard there were conflicts when you installed from ibrickr AND installer. Is this true or a myth?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I always heard there were conflicts when you installed from ibrickr AND installer. Is this true or a myth?
I've never had a problem with it, but I don't usually install from both.

I only use iBrickr/PXL Plugin for stuff not on Installer, or not current on Installer. After it gets added to Installer I use iBrickr to uninstall it and then Installer to reinstall it.

I do this because Installer notifies when there is an update (well, hopefully it will get back to being current--it seems to be lagging lately).

--
Mike

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Tin and to everyone else that helped me out, just wanted to take a moment to say thank you!
With the different apps and themes, my iPhone feels brand new again....although 72 hours isn't old.

I thought I would wait awhile before attempting to Jailbreak, but the iPhoneMania on this forum is phenomenal.....I just couldn't resist it any longer! :cool: :laugh2:

I only know of 1 other person with the iPhone....(insert snicker here) I cant wait to go to work tomorrow.....

Once again...... thanks everybody ~~~>> (exiting the stage)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

--
Mike

I installed the MobileSafari plugin, but when I use Safari to go to this page, I get the message that "Safari cant open because it cant find the server."

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I've never had a problem with it, but I don't usually install from both.

I only use iBrickr/PXL Plugin for stuff not on Installer, or not current on Installer. After it gets added to Installer I use iBrickr to uninstall it and then Installer to reinstall it.

I do this because Installer notifies when there is an update (well, hopefully it will get back to being current--it seems to be lagging lately).
--
Mike
So Im having a bit of a problem now. I had my phone set up so nice last night, I don't know why I messed with it. Instead of trying to load both the summerboard from iBrickr and the one from installer to see more themes, I simply loaded the one from iBrickr and was off and running. Well, today I get to work and decide I want to see more themes so I thought, why not try to load Summerboard off of the installer and see what happens. So I did, and it moved my dock up top. So I uninstalled the Installer summerboard and reinstalled the iBrickr one (using the PXL link Tinman provided). It loads the Summerboard onto the phone, does a soft restart, but there is no summerboard icon on the screen. And the dock is still up top. So now Im not sure what to do. I guess I have to wait till I get home to hook up directly to iBrickr, unless you guys have any other ideas.
If it aint broke, don't fix it! Im a moron.

I also tried loading iBrickr on my laptop but for some reason it doesn't see my iPhone.

EvilRufusKay

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
So Im having a bit of a problem now. I had my phone set up so nice last night, I don't know why I messed with it. Instead of trying to load both the summerboard from iBrickr and the one from installer to see more themes, I simply loaded the one from iBrickr and was off and running. Well, today I get to work and decide I want to see more themes so I thought, why not try to load Summerboard off of the installer and see what happens. So I did, and it moved my dock up top. So I uninstalled the Installer summerboard and reinstalled the iBrickr one (using the PXL link Tinman provided). It loads the Summerboard onto the phone, does a soft restart, but there is no summerboard icon on the screen. And the dock is still up top. So now Im not sure what to do. I guess I have to wait till I get home to hook up directly to iBrickr, unless you guys have any other ideas.
If it aint broke, don't fix it! Im a moron.

I also tried loading iBrickr on my laptop but for some reason it doesn't see my iPhone.
Yeh I am having issues myself. Had a few apps and a couple of themes loaded last night and everything was fine. This morning, the dock was on top... So I used ibrkr to uninstall summerbaord as I did when I had installed the incorrerct version previously. Now it is stuck on the Apple logo... I used ibrkr toithen uyninstall all apps, it says to wait for the soft restart but it neber happens. I had to use both buttons to get it to shut down.

Question. In order to restore youy have to connect to a iTunes computer that your phone has synced with previously correct?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Yeh I am having issues myself. Had a few apps and a couple of themes loaded last night and everything was fine. This morning, the dock was on top... So I used ibrkr to uninstall summerbaord as I did when I had installed the incorrerct version previously. Now it is stuck on the Apple logo... I used ibrkr toithen uyninstall all apps, it says to wait for the soft restart but it neber happens. I had to use both buttons to get it to shut down.

Question. In order to restore youy have to connect to a iTunes computer that your phone has synced with previously correct?
Yeah Evil, to the best of my knowledge you can not restore on a different computer.
And the restore is the way to go. I tried uninstalling everything and nothing worked. So I restored, rejailbroke and loaded Summerboard from iBrickr again and Im back up and running.

EvilRufusKay

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Yeah Evil, to the best of knowledge you can not restore on a different computer.
And the restore is the way to go. I tried uninstalling everything and nothing worked. So I restored, rejailbroke and loaded Summerboard from iBrickr again and Im back up and running.
Thanks Merlin. I have not been on forums in quite a while. I forgot how cool it is to get super quick help from like minded guys. Thanks again!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I've done this as well; everything was all good- jailbreaked & happy installing. My iPhone was content but I had to go and mess with sh!t. I had to restore and do it all over again. I'm going to leave it alone for now.