SummerBoard On 1.1.3, Anyone Have It Working?

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm having the same problem. I still have the ones I had before the jailbreak, but it won't recognize the ones in summerboard themes now.:(

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i downloaded about 10 themes (blueprint, chellaga, glass orb, icarus, litho, louie mantia [alt colors and buuf], modern zen2, my fiRst tHeem, NEONstandard, orangameter, pinkameter, yellowameter) and only about 2 of them actually showed up in the SMB prefs. am i accessing them in the right place? what am i doing wrong here?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
The themes that aren't showing up are in the wrong folder. They are located in var/root/library/summerboard/themes. What you need to do is save them to disk and the move them into the correct folder (var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes) or move them to the var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes (depends what program yours using, mine doesn't let me drag, i need to export it and then redrag it into the right folder). They should show up when you go back into SMB prefs

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
The themes that aren't showing up are in the wrong folder. They are located in var/root/library/summerboard/themes. What you need to do is save them to disk and the move them into the correct folder (var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes) or move them to the var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes (depends what program yours using, mine doesn't let me drag, i need to export it and then redrag it into the right folder). They should show up when you go back into SMB prefs
thanks for the tip! i still haven't figured out how to access my iPhone's file structure and move things around yet. ;)

why aren't these themes saving there automatically? any clues?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I couldn't being to explain why they don't move their automatically. I just know it did the same thing for my phone, so i knew what to say. Are you on a mac or a windows? If your on a mac you can use iFuntastic's file manager to access that structure or you can use ibrickr for windows computers i believe. Be careful with iFuntastic though, it doesn't or isn't supposed to work 1.1.3, but for some reason its file manager function does (this is what someone told me)...just don't click into ringtone manager and the other functions etc...i did and it started trying to downgrade my phone.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
I couldn't being to explain why they don't move their automatically. I just know it did the same thing for my phone, so i knew what to say. Are you on a mac or a windows? If your on a mac you can use iFuntastic's file manager to access that structure or you can use ibrickr for windows computers i believe. Be careful with iFuntastic though, it doesn't or isn't supposed to work 1.1.3, but for some reason its file manager function does (this is what someone told me)...just don't click into ringtone manager and the other functions etc...i did and it started trying to downgrade my phone.
i am on windows. i'll look for iBrickr. i assume i download it to my laptop, not the iPhone, correct?

going to look for it now...

thanks again. very helpful!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
No problem man, i've asked for a lot of help throughout the process of jailbreaking so its good that i can now pass on some knowledge. And yeah i don't know anything about ibrickr, but i can say it is on your computer, not the phone. There is a method where your editing through SSH...but i'm not sure how it works or how to set it up, if you search the forums i think you could find it. But i do believe that ibrickr would probably be easier to start with and manage.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i am on windows. i'll look for iBrickr. i assume i download it to my laptop, not the iPhone, correct?

going to look for it now...

thanks again. very helpful!
ok, i got iBrickr, but i don't think it'll work with my 1.1.3 phone. i get a message about "Free my phone" and then "First, you have to download the 1.0.2 firmware from Apple to your computer. If you already have it, copy it to the iBrickr directory, and rename it to "1.0.2.ipsw" and click Continue. Otherwise, just click Continue and it will be downloaded conveniomatically for you!"

i don't think this is the program i want to use.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
actually your right i think i might have suggested the wrong program. I have a mac so its a bit difficult for me to know. Try downloading winscp, this is what i believe will give you access to the file manager. Again i could be wrong, but i do believe this is the right program

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
actually your right i think i might have suggested the wrong program. I have a mac so its a bit difficult for me to know. Try downloading winscp, this is what i believe will give you access to the file manager. Again i could be wrong, but i do believe this is the right program
i'll give it a shot. thanks again. i'll post back and let people know if it works.

i really like this forum! i came from a really mean cellphone forum before this. LOL

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah this place is great. Sometimes its hit or miss with help. Usually though there is someone who sees your thread or your post and is able to sort your issues out with you. Sometimes is better then never.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
Yeah this place is great. Sometimes its hit or miss with help. Usually though there is someone who sees your thread or your post and is able to sort your issues out with you. Sometimes is better then never.
i've received more help here than the time i've spent on the other forum. people are generally nicer here. as a forum junkie, it's nice to see a place where people are helpful.

i can't believe i jailbroke my phone that easy! i'm excited, but it seems like the apps are really hit and miss. :(

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
i've received more help here than the time i've spent on the other forum. people are generally nicer here. as a forum junkie, it's nice to see a place where people are helpful.

i can't believe i jailbroke my phone that easy! i'm excited, but it seems like the apps are really hit and miss. :(
There are a ton of to me, useless applications, but there are a handful that are great and i definently use. NES emulators and games in general are awesome to have and definently make the jailbreak worth it. Also the themes. Further there are todo list applications, aim clients native to the phone and many more that are useful.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i'll give it a shot. thanks again. i'll post back and let people know if it works.

i really like this forum! i came from a really mean cellphone forum before this. LOL
ok, i got it! downloaded WinSCP from here. downloaded it to my laptop and then followed the directions on the screen.

got into my phones directory. summerboard themes were being dumped here: /var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes and they SHOULD be here: /var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes

i did a drag and drop and voila! themes are accessible and work fine. thanks again for the help!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
No problemo, glad everything is sorted out.