Summerboard Problem!

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I finally took the plunge and modded my iPhone. But I have had some problems. First with Summerboard. I have the latest version and it seems to freeze my iPhone. For example when turning it back on the screen is black and may show 1 or 2 icons and it doesn't scroll. After restarting the phone its ok, but then after a few hours of non use, it does it again. Also noticed the battery life is worse with the modding. Also the phone seems to get hot after internet usage. This may be normal? If anyone can help I would appreciate it, Thanks:cool::cool:

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I finally took the plunge and modded my iPhone. But I have had some problems. First with Summerboard. I have the latest version and it seems to freeze my iPhone. For example when turning it back on the screen is black and may show 1 or 2 icons and it doesn't scroll. After restarting the phone its ok, but then after a few hours of non use, it does it again. Also noticed the battery life is worse with the modding. Also the phone seems to get hot after internet usage. This may be normal? If anyone can help I would appreciate it, Thanks:cool::cool:
The heat is normal when using the wi-fi.

I have some black screen issues also, and restarting fixes it. But I found a quicker way. I use the Dock sunburst to access any of the apps that effect the main menu. DockSwap, rSBT, SMBprefs. The apps restart when you make a change, which also brings your icons back.

I just figure it is one of the draw backs of modding.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
The heat is normal when using the wi-fi.

I have some black screen issues also, and restarting fixes it. But I found a quicker way. I use the Dock sunburst to access any of the apps that effect the main menu. DockSwap, rSBT, SMBprefs. The apps restart when you make a change, which also brings your icons back.

I just figure it is one of the draw backs of modding.
Thanks for the information. I am not for sure about this modding thing, I may restore back to the original iPhone condition. I love the apps, but I don't want problems Thanks. :cool:

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I just installed summerboard on my iPhone and after i restarted the phone, my home screen is completely blank. Did i miss a step?
I have uninstalled my applications for now. I love Summer Board, It really caused a problem with my phone is the sleep and wake. Black screen showing only 1 or 2 icons, :(

Sep 9, 2007
New Jersey
I have uninstalled my applications for now. I love Summer Board, It really caused a problem with my phone is the sleep and wake. Black screen showing only 1 or 2 icons, :(
After rebooting the phone numerous times, I was able to go into app and uninstall the program.... Did another reboot and reinstalled it again. Now its working just fine. Ever so often itll freeze but a simple reboot fixes that