summerboard theme use for winterboard?

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
There are several summerboard theme I found on modmyi.com, and I don't know how to use the theme on my phone!

After researching about summerboard, I uderstand that winterboard is the better version of summerboard and supposed to be able to use summerboard theme.

I downloaded the them off from the website, and use iPhonebrowser to put the theme file into the winterboard folder.

However, it doesn't show up in winterboard in my phone when I try to set it up...

Does anyone know how I can use summerboard theme in winterboard?

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
When you say Winterboard folder do you mean Library/Themes?

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
When you say Winterboard folder do you mean Library/Themes?
sorry, since i'm at work right now, I can't really go into iPhonebrowser...

I think, in the folder structure, there is winterboard folder, then I think under that, there is a folder call "theme".

That's where I put them... since I also can see other theme folder I currently use in the folder..

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
There is a Applications/Winterboard.app folder but I don't have a Themes folder under that. All the themes I install manually go into Library/Themes. Once installed in this directory they will show up on Winterboard on the phone.Take a look when you get home and see if you have folders for your various themes there (this is where they should be).

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
There is a Applications/Winterboard.app folder but I don't have a Themes folder under that. All the themes I install manually go into Library/Themes. Once installed in this directory they will show up on Winterboard on the phone.Take a look when you get home and see if you have folders for your various themes there (this is where they should be).
Kewl, Thanks!
I sure will look into when I get home!

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I think it may be in different places dependant on what you used for JB and possibly mac or windows..

For instance I just switched out the default signal bars in the color signal bars theme to colored ones. It was not at all where these quides suggested for a location.

poke around you will find it. BTW iPhonebrowser is great because it has a preview as well as save etc to be sure you are on track.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think it may be in different places dependant on what you used for JB and possibly mac or windows..

For instance I just switched out the default signal bars in the color signal bars theme to colored ones. It was not at all where these quides suggested for a location.

poke around you will find it. BTW iPhonebrowser is great because it has a preview as well as save etc to be sure you are on track.
I like iPhonebrowser, too.
Not like I completely understand how I can customize inside of iPhone, but it's nice to see the folder structures...

Can you copy the inside of iPhone's files/folder and save on your computer?

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
You can copy/paste into/ out of WinSCP but I don't think you can through iPhonebrowser.

Also, I only have experience with jailbreaking via Quickpwn so I'm not sure if pwnage sets it up the directories/file structure differently.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
You can copy/paste into/ out of WinSCP but I don't think you can through iPhonebrowser.

Also, I only have experience with jailbreaking via Quickpwn so I'm not sure if pwnage sets it up the directories/file structure differently.
I use Quickpwn to JB my phone...
I know I can copy/past into iPhonebrowser, but "i think" i remembered I wasn't able to copy off from iPhonebrowser...

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Now I'm home, and you are right... it was
root > Library > Theme

So, how come I put the summerboard theme I downloaded into the Theme folder, it won't show up in winterboard setting in a phone?

I also tested to try to copy files within iPhonebrowser, and it don't have option to "copy" however, it has option for me to "save as" so, it's kewl!

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Which theme is it? I'll take a look at it and see if I can get it to work on my phone.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Thanks!
I'll have to get home to find the link...

Don't think it's such a good idea to search through the theme at work... LOL

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Thanks!
I'll have to get home to find the link...

Don't think it's such a good idea to search through the theme at work... LOL
No worries. I have a Christmas party tonight but can check it out tomorrow.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
No worries. I have a Christmas party tonight but can check it out tomorrow.
no worry, whenever your hang over is gone ... is kewl with me... (LOL)

no rush here... (the theme is not really for me, but for my friend, so she can wait.... and love my picnic theme!)