Summerboard Themes: w/ iShare->iPhone Download

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Hi, I've put together some themes for Summerboard now that it supports them natively. It's nothing fancy really, but it's a change from the basic black we're all tired of seeing. In any case you can download these themes right to your iPhone using iShare and their six digit codes below.

iShare is available through Installer/App.Tap/iBrickr

iShare Direct to iPhone Download Codes

Input these 6 digits at the end of the download URL in iShare i.e. after the forward slash in http://www.sendspace.com/file/

In order from left to right, top to bottom from image above.
  • Vibrant-Green: kgs8wo
  • Cyan: d4gdno
  • Blue: 9ymrz0
  • Purple: odfggw
  • Soft Green: 1fy0m1
  • Orange: ecylu4
  • Red: bxkqlw
  • Magenta: fko762
  • Black: llhdq6
  • Slate: dwsenm
  • Grey: u6onbr

Docks
  • Reflections: exmfq6
  • No Reflections: f3sivd

How to "Full" Install

To install these files you'll need to create a folder in the Summerboard Themes folder. You can create this folder using MobileFinder, and is created in the directory below:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/

For this example I'll create the folder 999, and put my Dock and Wallpaper files there:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/999/Dock.png
var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/999/Wallpaper.png

How to "Quick" Install
Copy these files over the files in an existing theme, and they'll show up without having to create a folder. In example:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Leopard/

Theme Pack Download Link
This is all the themes packed into one zip file. It includes a Dock with reflections, and a Dock without Reflections. You will need to drop one of either into your theme folder.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dstewj

Are the Wallpapers too Bright?
I made these a little bright so that its possible to tune them to your liking with the Transparency Slider in Summerboard to make them darker. You'll be surprised by how much different one color can look at 50% opacity, it's like having multiple wallpapers of the same shade in one.

enjoY

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Reserved for a future update due to inline image post restrictions.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Wow, your development on custom icons/wallpapers/icon ceases to amaze me, excellent work, your contribution to this website has been incredible! Keep it going I hope to see more from you soon.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Wow, your development on custom icons/wallpapers/icon ceases to amaze me, excellent work, your contribution to this website has been incredible! Keep it going I hope to see more from you soon.
Wow, thanks for the compliments :)

Speaking of "WoW" I quit playing that game about 6 months ago to keep my girlfriend happy. Can you tell I'm having difficulties finding things to fill my time with now that I don't sit in 6 hour Raids anymore? Lol!

Oh the Devil will have work for idle hands to do... -Morrissey

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I think you meant "NEVER ceases to amazes me" haha. And it never ceases to amaze me either :)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Lols, Thanks Guys.

I just likes me some photoshop and what better way to practice than to skin my iPhone :)

If you folks happen to like what you see then I know I'm making progress :)

Thanks again for the feedback, I appreciate it.

totoholic

Jul 31, 2007
Thanks

Thank you for this. I love it. I put these on mine and my wifes phone. Blessings.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
i know im noob, but how do i install these?

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
Very cool. Thanks for putting the images and tutorial together.

godspropy

Jun 13, 2007
I love the Reflections dock. I use it with the Leopard theme (copied to a theme called Reflections).

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks to all who have posted kindly. Its very nice to get replies in these threads, it's not required but I do appreciate you taking the time to write.

i know im noob, but how do i install these?
I've posted a pretty lengthy tutorial in my post above on how to install these using just your iPhone with no need to dock to a desktop computer.

I'm assuming your iPhone has been "jailbroken" and can run native 3rd party applications, i.e. applications that appear on your springboard. If you can run 3rd party applications, find a way of getting Installer on to your iPhone. If you used AppTap to jailbreak your phone, it's already on there. If you used iBrickr, click the applications button in iBrickr and locate Installer from the selection menu and install it.

From the iPhone, run Installer. You'll see a few things you can install right from the start after it refreshes it's sources. What you are looking for first is the "Community Sources." This will extend your Installer's search-reach for more applications by adding more sources to check.

Once that has been taken care of, go back to the applications listing in Installer and click the refresh button if it doesn't refresh on it's own. You should see a much larger list of applications now. Find iShare and install it. While you are here, install MobileFinder as well, you will need it to create folders on your iPhone to upload the themes to.

Run iShare and click the Register button. Create a user account, it's fast and free, and then login. You can do this all from iShare now without a hitch, but if you DO run into problems you can always launch Safari and create an account on iShare's parent site, http://www.sendspace.com . Your SendSpace login and password work in iShare and vice versa.

Once you've made it this far, head back up to the top of this thread and read my instructions on how to install these themes using iShare.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Wow, I tracked over 40 downloads in 2 days via Sendspace and this thread has been on page 4 during that time! lol!

Thanks for downloading!

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

How to "Full" Install

To install these files you'll need to create a folder in the Summerboard Themes folder. You can create this folder using MobileFinder, and is created in the directory below:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/

For this example I'll create the folder 999, and put my Dock and Wallpaper files there:

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/999/Dock.png
var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/999/Wallpaper.png
Question for you: How would I name/rename the folder in MobileFinder? I created a new folder, MobileFinder named it "untitled folder" and I can't see any way to rename it.

Thanks in advance!

Rumpelgeist

--------------------

UPDATE: Nevermind! I figured it out all by my lonesome!

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
I love the Reflections dock. I use it with the Leopard theme (copied to a theme called Reflections).
Im so sorry folks but ive been trying to make and do my own themes all day on the summer board. can someone please give me a step by step instructions cause i ran out of ideas on how to do this. do i still need iPhoneinterface? how the heck do i copy the files in the summerboard folder instead of making the folder itself. im going crazy here! any help is appreciated thanks!:laugh2:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Im so sorry folks but ive been trying to make and do my own themes all day on the summer board. can someone please give me a step by step instructions cause i ran out of ideas on how to do this. do i still need iPhoneinterface? how the heck do i copy the files in the summerboard folder instead of making the folder itself. im going crazy here! any help is appreciated thanks!:laugh2:
First off, we need to know if you're iPhone has been modified, i.e. "Jailbroken."

If it has, the next question is, have you installed Installer on it? If you used AppTap to jailbreak your iPhone, the answer is YES, you've got installer on. If that's the case, you can head to the first post of this thread for detailed instructions on what to do next.

I'd like to write it all out for you here, but I've done that quite a bit already in this thread, so you should be able to get all the information you need.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Question for you: How would I name/rename the folder in MobileFinder? I created a new folder, MobileFinder named it "untitled folder" and I can't see any way to rename it.

Thanks in advance!

Rumpelgeist

--------------------

UPDATE: Nevermind! I figured it out all by my lonesome!

Good Job! Glad you've got it sorted out. Do you think I should edit my instructions a bit to address the issue you had with it? I'd really like to have the instructions as detailed as possible because I copy and paste them into my new threads that have the same install instructions.

Sep 23, 2007
Hi, I've put together some themes for Summerboard now that it supports them natively. It's nothing fancy really, but it's a change from the basic black we're all tired of seeing. In any case you can download these themes right to your iPhone using iShare and their six digit codes below.

iShare is available through Installer/App.Tap/iBrickr

where can i get that great NES icon?