Summers over. I want my #$@^&(! MMS!

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Something needs to be done about this At&t/Apple MMS fiasco.

Everyone was promised MMS at the end of summer. Well its the end of summer and summer has been over for one week as of posting this. As soon as school opened summer was over.

I find it so embarrassing that "budget phones" can MMS yet a premium phone cannot. There needs to be a lawsuit now. Misleading *advertising* the public about an additional feature for a phone then advertising it in press conferences in hopes of selling more devices is fraud.

All i can hope is they bring is within the coming week for no additional charge or someone is bound to draft up a class action against At&t/Apple yet again.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Summer's not over yet. Technically or vibe-wise really as labor day is next weekend and that's the unofficial end of summer. But technically they have until late Sept.

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
From what I've read, it's most likely going to come out in the next couple weeks. If it doesn't, well.... I can't make any threats, cos I'm not gonna leave ATT over it, but I'll be pretty disgusted with them. I want my MMS too. I find it beyond ridiculous that we still don't have it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If they've made a pledge to give it to you by the end of summer and they don't perform then I think you guys should get some sort of compensation. It's a little daft as a massive network can't muster themselves and sort MMS out. It can't be that hard.... right?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Something needs to be done about this At&t/Apple MMS fiasco.

Everyone was promised MMS at the end of summer. Well its the end of summer and summer has been over for one week as of posting this. As soon as school opened summer was over.

I find it so embarrassing that "budget phones" can MMS yet a premium phone cannot. There needs to be a lawsuit now. Misleading *advertising* the public about an additional feature for a phone then advertising it in press conferences in hopes of selling more devices is fraud.

All i can hope is they bring is within the coming week for no additional charge or someone is bound to draft up a class action against At&t/Apple yet again.
Lol, I hope you were joking, summer doesn't end when school starts. It ends when when there is a location on the equator where the Sun can be observed to be vertically overhead. Technically, they have until 21:18 on 9-22-09 UTC to give us MMS. Until then, we can't call them liars.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
They definitely need to hold up their end of the bargain. I personally haven't missed it all that much.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Lol, I hope you were joking, summer doesn't end when school starts. It ends when when there is a location on the equator where the Sun can be observed to be vertically overhead. Technically, they have until 21:18 on 9-22-09 UTC to give us MMS. Until then, we can't call them liars.
lol being all technical.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
lol being all technical.
Hes right though. Just because you start school doesn't mean summer is over. I started school a week ago also, but there are still schools that don't start for another week or so (but that doesn't mean it will come then). They probably wont do it till September 22 or a few days before because that is the calendar end for summer.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I really can't wait to stop hearing about it!

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's a little daft as a massive network can't muster themselves and sort MMS out. It can't be that hard.... right?
LOL @ thinking it's AT&T's fault.

It's been said before, Apple didn't want iPhones to have MMS capabilities so they had AT&T set up an MMS block. Now Apple is trying to allow MMS but APPLE needs to update the iPhone to support it. It's as easy as flipping a switch for AT&T (since obviously almost every other ATT phone can MMS), not as easy for Apple to 'perfect' everything.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY

It's been said before, Apple didn't want iPhones to have MMS capabilities so they had AT&T set up an MMS block. Now Apple is trying to allow MMS but APPLE needs to update the iPhone to support it. It's as easy as flipping a switch for AT&T (since obviously almost every other ATT phone can MMS), not as easy for Apple to 'perfect' everything.
The phone was already updated to support it with 3.0. So at this point, it is AT&T.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com

But it is AT&T's fault. Other carriers around the world already have MMS working on the iPhone's current firmware. This slide was shown when MMS was announced, and these were the carriers who were going to implement it right away - AT&T was notably absent on that slide, and that's when Phil Schiller said AT&T would offer it later this summer.

It's times like these when I wish there was a solid GSM competitor to AT&T in the U.S. (T-Mobile doesn't count with their funky 1700MHz 3G band). :mad:

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I think at this point AT&T is ready and it is Apple making us wait the iPod and music event coming up so they can make a big announcement about 3.1 and mms for americans rather than quietly releasing 3.1 with full mms functionality.